Genesys - Model SI - Silica Antiscalant/Antifoulant
From Membrane Antiscalant
Genesys SI has been developed as an antifoulant for use in Reverse Osmosis and Nano-filtration systems operating on high silica feed waters. Genesys SI is also effective against all common scale forming salts such as calcium carbonate, calcium, barium and strontium sulphate. By reducing silica fouling and inhibiting all forms of scaling, Genesys SI allows OEMS to design systems that can operate at higher recovery rates, reducing the amount of feed water used and the volume of concentrate to be discharged. Consequently, significant savings can be made in capital and operational costs.
- Suitable for Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Nano-Filtration (NF) membranes
- Approved for use in drinking water applications (UKDWI)
- Compatible with all polyamide membranes
- Replaces acid addition
- Allows high recovery rates
- Simple test method
- Inhibits common scales
- Calcium carbonate/sulphate
- Barium/Strontium sulphate
- Calcium phosphate
- NSF listed
- Genesys SI should be dosed continuously to the feed water upstream of the cartridge filters.
- Typical dosage rates are 2-5mg/l. Under NSF listing the Genesys SI dose rate in the feed water should be less than 5mg/l in potable water systems.
- The optimum dosage rate can be calculated using the Genesys Membrane Master software. Genesys SI can be diluted and is fully miscible with water in all proportions.
Genesys SI is a non-hazardous, synergistic blend of inhibitors based on neutralised carboxylic and phosphonic acids. Genesys SI is not aggressive to carbon steel and other commonly used materials of construction.
A material safety data sheet is available on request.
- CHIP: Not Classified | UN: Non Hazardous
- Available in 25 kg kegs, 240 kg drums and 1,200 kg IBCs.
- Shelf life is 2 years under normal conditions of storage.
- Appearance: pale amber liquid
- pH as supplied: 9.8 – 10.2
- Specific gravity: 1.13 – 1.17
- Freezing point: < - 4ºC