Genesys - Model WB - Broad Spectrum Antiscalant
From Membrane Antiscalant
Genesys WB has been developed as a broad spectrum antiscalant for use in very small Reverse Osmosis and Nano-Filtration systems using less than 30 m3 /day feed water. Genesys WB contains sodium bisulphite which removes residual chlorine from mains fed feed waters, thus protecting the membranes from oxidation without additional dosing equipment. It is particularly effective in preventing calcium carbonate formation and all commonly found scaling species. It’s effectiveness at a single dose rate means that a detailed water analysis is not necessary. Genesys WB will continue to give maximum protection even when water analyses and operating conditions change.
- Suitable for Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Nano-Filtration (NF) membranes
- Compatible with all types of polyamide membranes
- Allows high recovery rates
- Replaces acid addition
- Simple test method
- Metabisulphite removes chlorine from feed water
- Inhibits common scales
- Calcium carbonate/sulphate
- Calcium phosphate
- Barium/Strontium sulphate
- Genesys WB should be dosed continuously to the feed water upstream of the cartridge filter and should be diluted with good quality water.
- The standard feed water dose rate is 50 mg/L.
Genesys WB is an aqueous solution of partially neutralised phosphonic acid. It is compatible with carbon steel and all commonly used materials of construction.
A material safety data sheet is available on request.
- CHIP: Irritant - UN: Non Hazardous
- Available in 25 kg kegs and 200 kg drums.
- Shelf life is 12 months under normal storage conditions.
- Appearance: colourless liquid
- pH as supplied: 6.0 - 6.5
- Specific gravity: 1.09 - 1.13
- Freezing point: < -2°C