The GIS department covers CTA’s needs for the development of studies regarding geodesy, land registry and general mapping, including monitoring, project areas, biophysical and socioeconomical data, or information in a user friendly platform like Google Earth.
For these services, the following equipment are available:
- Total station.
- Dual frequency GPS.
- Global positioning systems (GPS).
- GIS Work Station for data processing.
Some of the GIS services include:
- Quick query of best transportation routes, with a well structured geographic database (digital maps).
- Strategic GIS planning for projects.
- Geodetic, topographic and local measurements with millimetric accuracy.
- Digital elevation models and iso-curves for a wide range of application.
- Geodetic networks.
- Geographical information system and software training.
- Consulting services for GIS, GPS and topography.