Geometrics - Model G-823A - Magnetometers
The G-823A offers the same high performance caesium technology as the G-822 but also includes the CM-201, analogue to digital (A/D), Larmor counter for simple serial output, which can be recorded by many data acquisition packages. Multiple G-823A magnetometers will concatenate serial sentences into one string for easy managements of sensor arrays.
In addition to providing digital measurement of the magnetic field the CM-201 counter also provides a Julian / Time / Date time stamp for each measurement and provision to accept an external sync pulse and six A/D converters for the conversion and concatenation of other signals (e.g. radar / barometric altimeter, EM receiver).
With the same form factor and power requirements as the G-822A all accessories (like birds, stingers and wing tip mounts) are fully cross compatible.
G-823A offers unbeatable flexibility, its simple reliable design means that it has been used for base station measurements, light aircraft installations, hand towed carts and within boreholes (requires specific hardware modification).
- Sensor: Self-oscillating split-beam Caesium Vapour (non-radioactive).
- Operating Range: 20,000 to 100,000 nT
- Operating Zones: The earth's field vector should be at an angle greater than 6º from the sensor's equator and greater than 6º away from the sensor=s long axis. Automatic hemisphere switching.
- Sensitivity: <0.0005 nT/√Hz rms
- Heading Error: ±0.15 nT (over entire 360° polar and equatorial spin).
- Absolute Accuracy: <3 nT throughout range
- Output: Cycle of Larmor frequency = 3.498572 Hz/nT, RS-232 data at 9600 baud, concatenated data streams from up to 6 sensors.
- Altitude: 9,000m
- Operating Temperature: -35°C to +50°C
- Storage Temperature: -45°C to +70°C
- Power: 24 to 32 VDC, 0.75 amp at turn-on and 0.5 amp thereafter.
- Environmental: Sealed for up to 2 ft (0.9 m) water depth