Geonics - Model TEM67 - Transmitter
From Time Domain Systems
The TEM67 transmitter is the most powerful of the current PROTEM transmitters, replacing the TEM37 of the previous generation. Not only is the TEM67 (3800 W) more powerful than the TEM37 (2800 W), but the new transmitter also provides an element of flexibility not previously available with time domain transmitters.
The TEM67 is comprised of two principal components: a complete TEM57-MK2 transmitter; and an integral, but separate power module with a larger (4500 W) power generator. Such modular design allows for easy upgrade from the TEM57-MK2 by the addition of the power module and generator. Subsequently, when applications do not require the full capabilities of the TEM67, the more portable, mid-range TEM57-MK2 can be operated independently.
The PROTEM 67 system with the 3D receiver coil is the ideal time domain system for profiling deeply buried conductive ore bodies, such as massive sulphides, to depths in excess of 500 m, and with the 3-axis BH43-3 borehole probe for time domain logging to 2 kilometres.
The PROTEM 67 is also ideal for deep soundings in groundwater exploration, saline intrusion mapping, geothermal exploration, and regional geological research where structures and layer information is required to depths of 1,000 m or more.
- Current Waveform : Bipolar rectangular current with 50% duty cycle
- Base Frequency
- 0.3, 0.75, 3, 7.5 or 30 Hz where power line frequency is 60 Hz
- 0.25, 0.625, 2.5 or 25 Hz where power line frequency 50 Hz
- Rates below 1 Hz available from PROTEM receiver through reference cable
- Transmitter Loop : Up to 2,000 x 2,000 m single turn
- Output Current : 25 A maximum
- Output Voltage : 18 to 150 V continuously adjustable
- Synchronization : Reference cable or, optionally, quartz crystal
- Power Supply : 4,500 W, 115 or 110/220 V, 50/60 Hz, single phase with 8 h continuous operation motor generator
- Transmitter Protection : Electronic and electromechanical protection
- 43 x 25 x 25 cm (TEM57-MK2);
- 42 x 20 x 31 cm (Power Module)
- 15 kg (TEM57-MK2);
- 12 kg (Power Module)
- Motor Generator Dimensions : 60 x 50 x 49 cm
- Motor Generator Weight : 62 kg