Gradko - Ammonia Rapid Air Monitor (RAMs)
Gradko’s new range of Rapid Air Monitors (RAMs) brings together the ease of passive sampling with the added advantage of very short monitoring periods.
With sampling times from as little as 1 hour for high concentration areas up to 4 weeks for longer term sampling, the Ammonia Rapid Air Monitor provides a solution for fast monitoring for ammonia in air which was previously only available for longer term sampling over 2-4 weeks. The rapid sampling times allow you to identify hazardous air pollutants even if you only have limited site access.
Currently available for Nitrogen Dioxide, Ammonia and Sulphur Dioxide sampling.
Need longer monitoring periods? Try our diffusion tubes for sampling periods of 2-4 weeks.
Sources of Ammonia:
- Decaying organic matter eg. sewage and landfill sites
- Agricultural sites and fertilisers
- Industrial and combustion processes
Potential implications of Ammonia pollution:
- Unpleasant odour
- Soil acidification
- Conservation areas are at risk of ammonia deposition
Due to its health and environmental effects, Nitrogen dioxide is widely monitored. The Rapid Air Monitor allows you to quickly identify the levels of pollution so remedial actions can be implemented.
Rapid Air Monitors can be used for outdoor ambient air monitoring, indoor air sampling and personal exposure monitoring.
- External ambient air monitoring, for example at roadside or urban background locations.
- Indoor air monitoring in roadside buildings, offices and in-vehicle concentrations.
- Industrial monitoring.
- Personal exposure or workplace monitoring for occupational health surveys and risk assessments (e.g. taxi drivers, bus drivers, machinery operators).
- Environmental surveys – e.g. forest management.
- DIFRAM-400 – Rapid Air Monitor for Ammonia, including analysis – minimum order 3 samplers
- DIFRAMSH-S – Small shelter for 1 RAM
- DIFRAMSH-L – Large shelter for up to 6 RAMs
- DIF2001 – 760mm fixing strap for shelters
- DIF 2003 – Pocket clip for personal monitoring
Analysis is carried out in our UKAS accredited laboratories. Results are provided within 10 working days or can be fast-tracked by arrangement.
The following compounds are available for quantitative analysis as standard
- Ethyl benzene
- 1,2,4-trimethyl benzene
- Trichloroethylene (TCE)
- Tetrachloroethylene (PCE)
- Methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE)
- n-butyl Acetate
Other compounds may be available for quantitative analysis. A quotation will be provided upon request following agreement of compounds to be analysed.