Greyline - Model DFM 6.1 - Doppler Flow Meter
From Greyline Instruments
Gaining accurate flow measurement inside a pipe can sometimes be tricky. The Greyline DFM 6.1 Doppler Flow Meter offers clamp-on pipe flow measurement from outside the pipe. Its Doppler technology makes it perfect for 'difficult' liquids, or liquids with suspended solids such as wastewater, slurries, sludge, chemicals, viscous liquids, and abrasives. The non-invasive Doppler flow meter fits any pipe 12.5 mm (0.5 in) inside diameter or larger and clamps on the outside, gaining flow measurement readings without interrupting the process.
The DFM 6.1's easy-to-follow, 5-button menu keypad makes setting up parameters of the flow application quick and easy and works on the majority of pipe materials. The Doppler technology sends a signal through the pipe wall and is reflected off the particles within the liquid, the change in frequency is reflected on the controller in the form of pipe flow measurement.
Use Doppler pipe flow measurement to control flow within a process, protect pumps from no-flow or dry pumping, or for flow proportionate use - you can even use it to test existing equipment to ensure it's still providing accurate pipe flow measurement.
- Enhanced performance
- Easy to install and configure
- Non-Contacting, clamp-on, ultrasonic sensor
- Works on a large variety of pipe materials and sizes
- Large, back-lit flow rate display and totalizer
- Isolated 4-20mA output
- 2 Programmable control relays
- Optional Modbus RTU or HART output
- 128 MB data logger (26 million points)
- Spec name: Description:
- Flow Rate Range: ±0.03 m/s to 12.2 m/s (±0.1 ft/s to 40 ft/s) in most applications
- Pipe Size: Any pipe ID from 12.7 mm to 4.5 m (0.5 in to 180 in)
- Accuracy: ±2% of reading or 0.03 m/s (0.1 ft/s) whichever is greater. Requires solids or bubbles minimum size of 100 microns, minimum concentration 75 ppm.
- Repeatability: ±0.1%, Linearity ±0.5%
- Display: White, backlit matrix - displays flow rate, relay states, 16-digit totalizer, operating mode, and calibration menu
- Configuration: Built-in 5-button keypad with English, French, or Spanish language selection
- Power Input: 100-240 V AC 50/60 Hz, 10 VA maximum
- Optional: 9-32 V DC, 10 W maximum
- Output: Isolated 4-20mA (1000 ohm load max.) or 0-5 V DC (field selectable)
- Control Relays: Qty 2, rated 5 amp SPDT, programmable flow alarm, and/or proportional pulse
- Data Logger: Built-in 26 million point logger with a USB output and Windows software
- Enclosure Heater: NEMA4X (IP 66) polyester with a clear polycarbonate face
- Operating Temperature (Electronics): -23 °C to 60 °C (-10 °F to 140 °F)
- Shipping Weight: 6.3 kg (14 lbs)
- Spec name: Description:
- Model SE4: Single-head ultrasonic with 7.6 m (25 ft) shielded cable and stainless steel mounting kit for pipes 12.7 mm (0.5 in) ID or larger.
- Designed to withstand accidental submersion to 10 psi. Certified non-incendive for Class I Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D hazardous locations
- Operating Temperature: -40 °C to 150 °C (-40 °F to 300 °F)
- Exposed Materials: 316SS
- Options: Description:
- Sensors: Intrinsic safety barriers for installation in Class I, Div 1, Groups C, D; Class II, Groups E, F, G; Class III; Encl. Type 4 hazardous locations.
- Industrial Automation Protocols: Modbus RTU via RS-485 or HART (field selectable)
- Sensor Cable: 15 m (50 ft) or 30 m (100 ft) continuous shielded coaxial pair, or splice up to 500 ft (152 m) with junction box. Self tunes to extended cable.
- Enclosure Heater: For outdoor installation, thermostatically controlled to -40 °C (-40 °F)
- Control Relays: 4 additional (6 total) rated 5 A SPDT
- UL/EN 61010-1