From Screening Equipment
Grittec is The Grit Classifier that will separate rock, sand and grit from the screened wastewater. Thanks to a large surface tank, materials will settle down at the bottom where a shaftless screw will convey them before releasing them into a dumpster.
The grit removal system operates by decantation to remove grit, sand, and rocks. Influent water flows slowly into the inlet hopper to allow grit to settle at the bottom of the tank. Then, captured grit is conveyed upward by the shaftless spiral. Effluent water evacuates through the top of the hopper to allow complete grit removal. A spray bar and cyclone system is optional.
- A deep, wide tank allows efficient grit classification.
- Flow capacity: up to 550gpm
- Suspended materials capture > 95% of particles > 200µm
- Organic materials < 30% of suspended materials
- Sand dryness > 80%
- Grittec is customized based on specifications and/or structural constraints. Below are some guidelines of the design requirements.
- 304 or 316 stainless steel
- Surface treatment: Scouring, Passivation
- T.I.G. welding techniques
- Absorbed power: ½hp (0.37 KW)
- Voltage: 240 or 480 VAC
- Frequency: 60 Hz