GWT - Reverse Osmosis Tertiary Wastewater Reuse System
Reverse Osmosis (RO) is a widely accepted technology for tertiary wastewater reuse. In these applications based on the pretreatment used, RO water recoveries can be between 70-90% with salt rejection rates between 90-99%. The most critical issue in treating industrial wastewater using GWT Reverse Osmosis technology is pretreatment. Secondary pretreatment guards these RO membranes from the effects of mineral and organic fouling, and chemical attack.
Prior to considering reverse osmosis in a tertiary wastewater reuse application, a complete water analysis is required. Using this analysis, we can identify potential organic or mineral foulants that will effect system performance. Elevated levels of COD and BOD can also be contributing factors to RO membrane fouling. After analyzing the clients water analysis, GWT determines the specific optimal pretreatment technologies to be used prior to the RO system to minimize operating costs and maximize the production of high quality treated water.
In many applications, using Reverse Osmosis as a tertiary polishing treatment step in industrial wastewater reuse with elevated total dissolved solids (TDS), can provide water that would be suitable for reuse in many industrial process water applications.
GWT Reverse Osmosis tertiary wastewater reuse system solutions have applications within:
- Semiconductor & Metals Manufacturing
- General Manufacturing Operations
- Pulp/Paper, Pharmaceutical and Textile Operations
- Can be integrated with an existing membrane filtration system or other pretreatment technologies to achieve up to 80+% rinse water recycle/reuse.
- Reduces water and sewer discharge costs.
- Modular design for ease of installation.
- Ability to handle high levels of silica and other specific contaminants using pH adjustment and anti-scalants.
- Microprocessor PLC Controls
- Heavy Duty 5 micron Sediment Cartridge Pre-filter with Pressure Gauges
- High Efficiency 316 Stainless Steel Centrifugal Pump
- Automatic Inlet Feed Shut off Valve
- FRP Pressure Vessels
- Permeate & Concentrate Flow Meters
- Liquid Filled Pressure Gauges
- Permeate Conductivity Monitor System
- Stainless Steel Skid & Hardware
- Fouling Resistant High Rejection TFC Membranes
- Permeate Diversion Valve
- 316 Stainless Steel High Pressure Valve
- High/Low Feed Pressure Switch
- Power Supply: 220V/50/60hz or 380V/460V/50/60hz
- Automatic Flush System
- Alkaline pH Caustic System
- Clean In Place (CIP) System
- Antiscalant Chemical Feed
- Pretreatment Equipment (Media Filters, Carbon Filter)
- Post Treatment Equipment (UV Sterilizers)
- Export Wood Crating
Inlet Feed Water Specifications:
- Feed Water TDS: Max. 5000ppm
- Max Feed Water Temperature: 95 F or 32 C
- pH range: 3-11
- Hardness: > 1 Grain Per Gallon requires pretreatment
- Chlorine Tolerance: 0 ppm
- SDI: < 5
- Turbidity should be removed
- Hydrogen Sulfide should be removed
- Iron tolerance: 0.03 ppm Max.
- Tertiary Wastewater Reuse Applications (Including High Silica Feed Water Applications)
- GWT Tertiary Wastewater Reuse RO Systems are Available in Flow Rates 30 gpm – 922.5 gpm (162 m3/d – 5000 m3/d).
- These systems can accommodate higher flow rates via the modular system design.