H. Barber & Sons SAND MAN - Model 850 - Walk Behind Sand Cleaners
The BARBER SAND MAN 850 is a compact, self-propelled, and walk behind sand cleaner that offers dependability and maneuverability and is an effective sand cleaner for removing debris from virtually any small sandy area, regardless of location and space restrictions. The SAND MAN uses a vibrating screen to sift a wide range of debris from sand and soil, ranging from tiny fragments of glass to larger sticks and shells. Equipped with independent steering breaks and maintaining a small footprint, the SAND MAN proves exceptionally maneuverable in tight areas, like playgrounds, golf course bunkers, and small resorts or lake-front beaches. Additionally, it rests on high flotation rubber rear tires that allow it to travel easily over grass and sidewalks without damaging the riding surface.
The SAND MAN 850 is a versatile sand sifter and soil screener that has a wide variety of applications. Its inherent manueverability, effectiveness, and ease of operation make it a valuable tool for golf course owners, small beach owners, and anyone who maintains smaller sandy areas. By screening stones, litter, shells, glass, and other finer objects, the SAND MAN ensures your property will be debris-free. Learn more about how the SAND MAN is effective for the featured applications:
more about how the SAND MAN is effective for the featured applications:
The SAND MAN is shipped with three different sizes of sifting screens, which allow the customer to choose the diameter that is best suited to the sand on their beach and the size of the debris they wish to target. The screen with the smallest perforations excels at removing small materials from sand, while larger diameter screen offers the best performance when cleaning coarse or wet sand.
In addition to the included screens, you may choose to add several options to your SAND MAN 850:
Front Transport Wheel:
A rubber transport wheel can be mounted to the front of the SAND MAN to allow for easy transportation. This option insures that rubber tires support the entire self propelled beach cleaner, so that it moves easily and quickly over sidewalks or paths.
Detachable Riding Seat:
The SAND MAN's optional riding seat allows for faster and easier transportation of the self propelled beach cleaner to and from the job site.
Front Plow Device:
The 3 feet wide plow mounts on the front of the self propelled beach cleaner and is used to relocate and contour sand areas.
The SAND MAN is a light- weight, easily maneuverable, walk behind sand sifter. The sieving unit is compact enough to be transported in the bed of a pickup truck and lightweight enough to be unloaded by one person. Independent brakes on each wheel and a differential lock, which assists in soft sand conditions, aid maneuverability.
The walk behind sand sifter is propelled by high flotation rubber tires, which provide excellent traction in sand but will not harm grass or paved surfaces. The SAND MAN is powered by a reliable, noise restricted, 5.5HP HONDA gasoline engine.
The SAND MAN sand sifter elevates the sand and utilizes a sifting screen to sieve the debris. The debris is then deposited into the collector. There are three interchangeable screens with mesh sizes of 3/16', 3/8' & 1/2'. Different sieve size is determined by the application. The sand sifter's smaller mesh is used for ultra fine cleaning and the larger mesh allows for deeper cleaning and rapid sifting speed in wet sand. The operator, while the machine is in use, can easily adjust the cleaning depth, from 0-4'.
The 5.3 gallon (20 liter) collector can be easily emptied into either of the on-board storage hoppers for a total capacity of 14 gallons (54 liters).
- Length : 102 in / 258 cm
- Screen Openings : 3/16, 3/8, 9/16 inch / 48mm, 95mm, 143mm
- Width : 34 in / 86 cm
- Height : 42 in / 107cm
- Volume of Collector : 5.3 gal / 20 ltr
- Weight : 617 lbs / 280kg
- Volume Total Debris : 14 gal / 54 ltr/1.9 cu. ft
- Working Width : 33 in / 85 cm
- Gas Engine : Honda 5.5 HP air-cooled gasoline engine, 4 stroke. Two speeds in both forward & reverse.
- Working Depth : 0-4 in / 0-10 cm
- Drive System : Direct gear drive (Differential lock included)
- Area Cleaned : 15,000-35,000 sq./ft/hr / 1,400-3,200 sq.meter/hr
- Ground Clearance : 4 in / 10 cm
- Working Speed : 1.1-3.4 mph / 1.8-5.5 kph
- Tires : 23' x 10.5-12' NHS Floatation
- Debris removed : Broken glass, plastic, cigarette butts, pop-tops, straws, shells, stones, small pieces of wood
- Options : Front Plow Device: for moving and contouring. Detachable Riding Seat for transport, Front transport wheel: for transport on sidewalks
- Applications : Any sandy surface including beaches, volleyball courts, sand bunkers and playgrounds.
- Warranty : H. Barber & Sons, Inc. warrants the SAND MAN to be free from defects in parts and workmanship for 500 hours or one year, whichever occurs first.