H2scan Hy-Alerta - Model 1600 - Intrinsically Safe Area Hydrogen Monitor
H2scan’s HY-ALERTA™ 1600 Intrinsically Safe Area Hydrogen Monitor provides hydrogen-specific leak detection and measurement for hydrogen concentrations as low as 4000 ppm and can be scaled to any concentration up to 5% hydrogen by volume, a range representing 10% to 125% of hydrogen’s low flammability limit.
The monitor is designed for either ceiling or wall mount and has an RS422 capability that extends an intrinsically safe interface from the hydrogen sensor to the controller to several hundred feet. H2scan’s hydrogen-specific sensor technology has no cross sensitivity to other combustible gases, thus eliminating false positive alarms and ensuring safety system reliability. An example application where this product and its benefits have been demonstrated is in the measurement of hydrogen in a Hydrogen-cooled Generator.
- Hydrogen Sensitivity Range:
- 0.4% to 5% hydrogen by volume,
- 10% to 125% hydrogen lower flammable limit
- Accuracy: ± (0.03 x indication + 0.2) percent hydrogen by volume
- Typical Response Time: T90 of 60 sec maximum
- Ingress Protection: IP64 capable
- Calibration Interval: 90 days
- Product Life Expectancy: 10 years
- Power Barrier Input Voltage: 24 VDC nominal
- Power Barrier Input Voltage Range: 20 VDC to 28 VDC
- Intrinsically Safe Sensor Input Voltage: 10 VDC
- Sensor Input Voltage Range: 5 VDC to 28 VDC
- Input Power: 10 W
- Analog Output: 4 mA to 20 mA
- Serial Communication: RS422
- Operating Humidity: 0% to 95% RH
- Operating Temperature Range: -20ºC to 40ºC
- Storage Temperature Range: -40ºC to 50ºC
- Calibration Background Gas: Air
- Intrinsically Safe Power Barrier
- Armored Power / Analog Cable: 4 m
- Calibration Cup
- Single Channel Intrinsically Safe Analog Output Barrier (with or without relays)
- Single Channel Intrinsically Safe RS422 Serial Interface Barrier
- Serial Interface Cable: 4 m (custom lengths available)
- Armored Power / Analog Cable (custom lengths available)
- Total Length: 8.1 in.
- Total Width: 4.4 in.
- Depth: 1.6 in.