H2scan Hy-Alerta - Model 500 - Handheld Hydrogen Leak Detector
H2scan recognizes the importance of detecting and locating hydrogen leaks as quickly as possible. H2scan’s HY-ALERTA™ 500 Handheld Hydrogen Leak Detector is the industry’s most versatile, portable hydrogen leak detector able to respond to the widest range of hydrogen gas concentrations without the need of any peripheral equipment. The hydrogen sensor probe has a unique visual LED array that will effectively help navigate to the source of a hydrogen leak where hydrogen gas is produced, used, transported, or stored.
With two sensing elements on the same semiconductor die, the HY-ALERTA™ 500 can detect hydrogen leaks as low as 15 ppm and will not saturate or be destroyed when detecting high concentrations of hydrogen up to 100%. The flexible cable allows the sensor probe access to virtually all potential leak sources. Some applications where this product and its benefits have been demonstrated are in Dry Cask Welding in Nuclear Facilities and in the measurement of hydrogen in a Hydrogen-cooled generator.
- Hydrogen Sensitivity Range:
- 15 ppm to 100% hydrogen by volume,
- No peripheral equipment needed
- Initial Response Time in seconds
- Ingress Protection: IP64 capable
- Field Verification/Calibration Period: 1 year
- Product Life Expectancy: 10 years
Lithium Ion Battery Performance
- Operating Time: 10 hours
- Charge Time: 4 hours maximum with included charger
- UL Listed, CE
- Operating Temperature Range: 0ºC to 45ºC
- Storage Temperature Range: -20ºC to 45ºC
- Calibration Background Gas: Air
- Unit Weight: 2.15 lbs, 975 g
- Total Length: 6.8 in.
- Total Width: 3.4 in.
- Depth: 1.4 in.
- Probe Length: 7.8 in.
- Probe Tip Diameter: 0.5 in.
- Probe Handle Diameter: 1.2 in.
- Coiled Cord Length Retracted: 26 in.
- Coiled Cord Length Extended: 72 in.
- Coiled Cord Diameter: 0.7 in.
- Plastic Briefcase style kit carrying case
- Battery charger
- Power Adapter
- Control Box
- Coiled Cable
- Sensor Probe Assembly
- Verification Cup Assembly
- Portable shoulder strap harness carrying case
- Re-chargeable Built-in Lithium Ion Battery