Heron - Model Sm.OIL - Mini Oil / Water Interface Meter
The Sm.OIL oil/water interface meter has the same functionality of our H.OIL oil/water interface meter. This compact unit only comes in one tape length (20m or 60’) on a small hand held frame designed for easy portability. The premium padded carry case comes included to protect your precision instrument from the elements. The Sm.OIL is used to measure the interface level between two liquids in the same tank, vessel, well or aquifer. The dissimilar density of two liquids means the lower density, non-conductive product (LNAPL) will float on top of the higher density, conductive liquid (water). Denser products will tend to sink (DNAPL), creating a layer under the water. The hydrocarbon resistant Kynar jacketed, high tensile steel core tape is able to withstand hydrocarbons, solvents and other harsh contaminants. The CSA intrinsically safe certification makes the Sm.OIL ideal for use in hazardous environments by Oil & Gas, Chemical and Petrochemical Industries.
- Small, light-weight, low-cost quality meter for use in shallower wells.
- Certified intrinsically safe. (CSA & ANSI/UL)
- Easy to read accurate (ASME Standard) heavy duty Kynar® Jacketed tape with stainless steel conductors.(breaking load over 300lb)
- Tape length 60ft (20m).
- Powered by single 9 Volt Battery.
- Carry bag included.
- 3 year limited warranty * 1 year warranty on replaceable probe
Durable polyester coated aluminum reel mounted on a sturdy coated frame. Soft grip handle on the back of the unit for easy use, and “third hand” built in casing hanger that allows the unit to be suspended on the casing while the results are being recorded.
- Class 9098 01 hazardous locations
- Class 9098 81 Hazardous locations (USA)
- Class I groups A, B, C and D
- 3 year limited warranty.* 1 year warranty on replaceable probe
- Weight: 4.24 lbs (1.9 Kgs)
- Tape Length: 60 ft (20 m)
- Dimensions: 8in W x 8in H x 10in D (10cm W x 10cm H x 26cm D)
- Tape Graduation: 1/100 ft (1 mm)
- Battery: 9 Volt