Hexprotect - Model MAX R - Insulating Floating Cover
From Insulated Covers
AWTT INC. Hexprotect Max R insulated floating cover system (patented) is the result of intense and extensive research leading to a product which fulfills demands of an affordable, wind resistant, high insulation (R17+), floating cover for liquids. This floating insulated cover offers highly effective solutions to problematic liquid storage systems such as municipal and industrial wastewater, treatment processing plants, metal and petrochemical plants, leachate ponds, airports, raw water reservoirs and other applications for heat retention, photosynthesis prevention and or a wildlife deterrent.
The Hexprotect® Max R insulated cover system ensures coverage of up to 95%. The resulting thermal insulation barrier combines the insulation factor of the polyurethane foam held in each tile with the poor heat conductivity of plastic. While the small air pockets between the tiles are not sealed, they also contribute to this insulation system, which dramatically reduces heat loss and light transfer. The cover also reduces liquid loss through evaporation and prevents odor problems.
The Hexprotect® Max R insulated cover, contrary to standard covers, does not represent an obstacle to static, moving or dipping equipment. The tiles can be easily pushed aside and the cover reforms itself as the basin and obstacles change configuration, as in a clarifier. In fact, the tiles will keep up with liquid level, rising, lowering and restacking themselves as needed.
Hexprotect® Max R insulated covers are also an effective wildlife deterrent. When entirely covered, the body of water becomes unattractive to waterfowl and other wildlife such as deer. They simply don’t recognize it as water.
Compared to netting, Hexprotect® Max R insulated cover are not sensitive to ice or snow damage and do not require any kind of support.
Hexprotect® Max R insulated covers are produced with high quality high density polyethylene. The expected life time is 25 years. The insulating material is made of soy based, long lasting polyurethane foam.
- Quick and simple to install
- High R factor (R17+)
- Deters waterfowl from landing on covered waters.
- Each tile is made of long lasting, UV resistant, virgin HDPE
- Heating cost reduced by up to 90%
- Decrease liquid loss through evaporation by up to 95%
- Adjusts to variation of the liquid level by spreading & stacking
- 95-99% coverage insures large reduction of emissions.
- Virtually maintenance free
- Cannot tear like conventional membrane cover
- Reduces penetration of UV rays: prohibits growth of algae and clogging weeds.
- Aeration can be installed underneath the Hexprotect ™ insulated covers to ensure aerobic conditions are maintained.
- Reduce chemical consumption
- Unaffected by rain water, snow and frost
Hexprotect® tiles are made of virgin or recycled, high density polyethylene HDPE (FDA (3) and NSF approved HDPE resins available for special applications). The cover is filled with a proprietary closed cell high density soy based polyurethane foam. Compared to other insulated tile covers, the Hexprotect® cover is often cheaper to ship and offers improved wind resistance. Installation remains extremely simple, and simply consists of unloading the product directly onto the liquid.
- Description Self ballasting hexagonal tile
- Construction 100% homogenous HDPE shell (no plugs or seals)
- Diameter 220 mm
- Average total weight (dry) 225
- Average total weight (installed) 225
- Number per sq. ft 3
- Number per square meter 32
- Wind resistant (up to) (1) 120 km/h (75 MPH)
- Operating temperature range (1) -50˚C / + 80 ˚C
- Projected Life Expectancy 25+ years
- Insulation Low VOC Closed Cell Polyurethane