AWTT INC. Hexprotect Slim floating hexagonal cover system is the result of intense and extensive research leading to a product which fulfills demands of an affordable and wind resistant floating cover for liquids. Hexagonal floating covers offer a highly effective solution to problematic liquid storage systems such as municipal and industrial wastewater, tailing dams, treatment processing plants, metal and petrochemical plants, leachate ponds, airports, raw water reservoirs and other applications for heat retention, photosynthesis prevention and or a wildlife deterrent. It is an ideal tank cover that can be easily installed and requires no maintenance.
The Hexprotect® Slim floating cover system ensures coverage of up to 99%. The resulting thermal insulation barrier combines the insulation factor of the air held in each tile with the poor heat conductivity of plastic. While the small air pockets between the tiles are not sealed, they also contribute to this insulation system, which dramatically reduces heat loss and light transfer. The cover also reduces liquid loss through evaporation and prevents odor problems.
The Hexprotect® Slim hexagonal floating cover, contrary to standard covers, does not represent an obstacle to static, moving or dipping equipment. The tiles can be easily pushed aside and the cover reforms itself as the basin and obstacles change configuration, as in a clarifier. In fact, the tiles will keep up with liquid level, rising, lowering and restacking themselves as needed.
Furthermore, the Hexprotect® Slim floating covers are also an effective wildlife deterrent. When entirely covered, the body of water becomes unattractive to waterfowl and other wildlife such as deer. They simply don’t recognize it as water.
Finally, compared to netting, Hexprotect® Slim floating covers are not sensitive to ice or snow damage and do not require any kind of support.
- Quick and simple to install
- Deters waterfowl from landing on covered waters.
- Each tile is made of long lasting, UV resistant, virgin HDPE
- Heating cost reduced by up to 85%
- Decrease liquid loss through evaporation by up to 95%
- Adjusts to variation of the liquid level by spreading & stacking
- 95-99% coverage insures large reduction of emissions.
- Virtually maintenance free
- Cannot tear like conventional membrane cover
- Reduces penetration of UV rays: prohibits growth of algae and clogging weeds.
- Aeration can be installed underneath the Hexprotect ™ system to ensure aerobic conditions are maintained.
- Reduce chemical consumption
- Unaffected by rain water, snow and frost
Hexprotect Slim™ tiles are made of virgin or recycled, high density polyethylene HDPE (FDA (3) and NSF approved HDPE resins available for special applications). The cover self ballasts, increasing its weight more than 260%, making it suitable for high wind applications. The proprietary features and manufacturing process ensures the cover floats with slightly more than 50% of its shell above water. Compared to other hexagonal tile covers, the Hexprotect cover is often cheaper to ship and offers improved wind resistance. Installation remains extremely simple, and simply consists of unloading the product directly onto the liquid.
- Description Self ballasting hexagonal tile
- Construction 100% homogenous HDPE shell (no plugs or seals)
- Diameter 220 mm
- Average total weight (dry) 178g
- Average total weight (installed) 455g
- Number per sq. ft 3
- Number per square meter 32
- Wind resistant (up to) (1) 120 km/h (75 MPH)
- Operating temperature range (1) -50˚C / + 80 ˚C
- Projected Life Expectancy 20+ years