Hi-Bar - Standard Filter
From Pressure Filtration
BOKELA HiBar Filtration is the most modern continuous pressure filtration technology that is also known as hyperbaric filtration. BOKELA HiBar Filtration works at pressure differences of up to 6 bar ( 7 bar, abs.) what enables to filter even fine grained products with high throughput rates, low residual moisture contents and a very efficient cake washing. With the patented HiBar Steam Pressure Filtration extremely low cake moistures can be reached. The HiBar Filtration is a continuous process comprising a rotary filter – disc or drum – installed inside a pressure vessel. Thus, a powerful and effective separation process is realised with robust and proven components in a simple construction. For bulk materials like concentrates from iron ore, coal or minerals beneficiation as well as tailings from beneficiation plants, which require large filter sizes, HiBar Filtration plants are constructed with horizontal pressure vessels.
- Continuous process with well-proven disc or drum filters
- Filtration of fine grained products
- Filtration of high slurry flows
- High filtration pressure difference of up to 6 bar (pressure in vessel: 7 bar, abs.)
- High specific throughput rates
- Efficient cake washing (especially with Steam Pressure Filtration)
- Low residual moisture contents (especially with Steam Pressure Filtration)
- Good accessibility since walkable pressure vessel
- Closed, gas-tight process room, thus inert-gas atmosphere applicable
- Compact design
- Much smaller filtration areas than with vacuum rotary filters or discontinuous filter presses
- Full-automated operation
The Hi-Bar Filters consist of proven and robust components like disc or drum filters that are installed in a pressure vessel, that is filled with compressed air during filter operation. The slurry is pumped to the filter trough and separated on the filter (disc or drum). Whereas the filtrate is drained through the control valve and goes to the filtrate receiver(s), the filter cake is discharged in a discharge chute and leaves the pressure vessel passing through a sluice. This reliable and robust system enables pressures up to 7 bar, abs in the vessel so that filtration pressure differences of up to 6 bar are realized.
Hi-Bar Steam Pressure Filtration
The patented Hi-Bar Steam Pressure Filtration is a hybride process combining a mechanical and a thermical drying process.
The advantages are:
- extremely low residual moistures
- very efficient cake washing
- extraction of soluble elements from the cake
- reduction or even avoiding of the cracks in the cake
- Pressure range: up to 7 bar, abs
- Filtration area of up to 168 m² with disc filters
- Filtration area of up to 40 m² with drum filters
- High capacity disc and drum filters with all the advantages of the BOKELA rotary filters
- The whole filter, with control valve and drive, is installed inside a pressure vessel
- Complete cake discharge by air blow back of pressurized air that is available for the filtration process itself
- Individual process design with specific components like cake wash system or cloth washing
- Horizontal, walkable pressure vessel with big-sized manhole for easy maintenance work
- Quick cloth replacement
- Well-proven sluice technology for abrasive and non-abrasive products
- Wide range of construction materials for adaptation to the various applications
The Hi-Bar Standard Filters offer unique solutions for the filtration, washing and dewatering of big slurry flows. This technology is especially adapted for fine-grained, poorly filtering products and for processes requiring high pressure, high temperature and/or a closed processing atmosphere.
The Hi-Bar Standard Filters are therefore well-adapted for the processing of mining concentrates like iron ore, coal or other minerals. It is also adapted for hydrometallurgical products, tailings and products from the chemical and the food industry.
Typical products are:
- Iron ore concentrate
- Copper concentrate
- Zinc concentrate
- Bauxite residues (red mud)
- Tailings from zinc leaching
- Iron ore tailings
- Mineral bulk products like gypsum, fertiliser or similar phosphate products
Lab and pilot tests guarantee a reliable scale-up and sizing of the production plant.