Hi--Way - Model XT3 Type I - Multi-Purpose Dump Body
Spread, haul and dump – the XT3 Type I multi-purpose dump body is built for versatility. An optional front cross conveyor adds even more versatility with the capability to spread deicing material at the rear or front. Haul virtually anything – even barrels or pallets – with its flat dump body floor. No need for a sub-frame either – the XT3 Type I dumps with a front telescopic hoist that provides a low center of gravity. Precise spread pattern control comes from quick-detach front and/or rear spinner assemblies that adjust up/down, side to side and fore/aft.
- Heavy-duty 7-gauge 409 stainless steel inner and outer longitudinal sills
- 7-gauge grade 50 body sides
- 3/16 inch (4.8 mm) AR 400 conveyor floor
- 5 inch (243 cm) wide body
- Body lengths 9/10 ft. to 14/15 ft.
- Two-year cylinder warranty
Available options on the XT3 Type I include:
- 75 inch (43 cm) wide cross conveyor to handle more capacity than auger feed or chute-style front discharge
- Unpainted 304 stainless steel
- Painted Cor-Ten steel construction
- Pre-wet system
- Conveyor cover
Yes, the optional easy-to-install 304 stainless steel SB3 sandbag filler attachment retrofits onto any existing XT3 Type I or Type III with rear discharge set-up, delivering the capability to fill two 50 lb. (23 kg) sandbags in just 10 seconds. Easy to install and remove, it features an adjustable vertical chute to accommodate varying truck heights and bag sizes, as well as an adjustable 12-volt DC vibrator that can be turned on and off with an optional control to help sand flow through the chute.
Hi-Way engineered the XT3 Type I for optimum material transport and movement, down to the smallest detail. One-piece sides with radius design reduce material build-up. Sloped top rails on side sheets and headsheet add body support and prevent debris build-up on the rails. A high-torque 25:1 gear case starts even the heaviest loads.
Low Maintenance Features
The XT3 Type I is the first choice for extended service life. Innovative, forward-thinking features take the pressure off of operators and the bottom line:
- Corrosion-resistant 304 stainless steel option
- Durable wear-resistant painted Cor-Ten® steel option
- Inner and outer sills fully welded to body floor for increased strength and corrosion resistance
- Strong AR 400 steel conveyor floor resists bending from load impact and provides superior wear resistance
- Gear idler, shafts, sprockets and bearing remove as one assembly for easy maintenance
- Dropped forged steel sprockets ensure longer life
The best results only come with the most precisely manufactured equipment, built with advanced product techniques like laser cutting and slot-and-tab design. Precision on the back end translates to precision on the front lines, and a machine that maintains a consistent drop point.