Hiden - Model HPR-40 DSA - For Analysis of Gases, Vapours and VOCs in Liquids
Hiden Analytical offers class-leading gas monitoring solutions designed to obtain and quantify complex species in liquid samples. Our ultra-precision HPR-40 DSA is a compact membrane inlet mass spectrometer (MIMS) and a versatile instrument suited to dissolved and evolved species analysis. With a wide selection of compatible differential electrochemical mass spectrometry (DEMS) cells available, the HPR-40 DSA can also be tailored for precise real-time electrochemical analyses.
Membrane inlet mass spectrometry is a tried-and-trusted technique for resolving dissolved gas species from liquid samples. It is routinely employed in environmental monitoring applications such as the analysis of groundwater to quantify low-level pollutants, or recreational applications where disinfectant by-products (DBPs) could be harmful to the health and wellbeing of swimmers.
The Hiden HPR-40 DSA can monitor gas species in liquids at the sub-parts per billion (ppb) level with a standard mass range of 200 amu for dissolved species. Exceptionally precise, this bench-top membrane inlet mass spectrometer is uniquely suited to gas monitoring applications where extremely low levels of concentration monitoring are critical to success.
The Hiden HPR-40 MIMS system is versatile and available with a broad range of sampling inlets addressing application with small volume samples, in denitrification studies for example.
Specialist polymer membranes, Hiden X44 provides for unparalleled sensitivity for the analysis of rare earth gases, helium, krypton and Xenon in groundwater geochronology.
The HPR-40 DEMS instrument is available for dissolved gases in electrochemistry studies, CO2 reduction for example.
Gas Monitoring with Hiden Analytical
Hiden Analytical is one of the world’s leading developers of gas monitoring solutions based on finely tailored mass spectrometry solutions.
- Analysis of dissolved species with mass range 200 amu (300 amu option)
- Sub parts per billion detection levels
- High precision and stability species ratio measurements (e.g. marine de-nitrification studies)
- Soil core analysis
- Fermentation process analysis
- Water analysis in estuary, river or reservoir
- Groundwater contamination studies
- Methane production control
- Microbiological/enzyme activity studies
- Environmental monitoring
- Mass ranges, amu: 1-200 / 1-300 amu
- Sensitivity: 100% to 60 ppt (species dependent) subject to spectral
- Speed: Up to 650 measurements/second
- Software: MASsoft Professional
- Windows 7/8/10 compatible
- Interface: Ethernet/USB/Serial (RS-232) connections
- Detector: Dual Faraday/Channeltron Electron Multiplier
- Analogue input: 8x (optional)/16 bit
- Analogue output: 8x (optional)/14 bit
- Digital input: 8x
- Digital output: 8x, 24 V
- Further system options: Application specific inlets
- Multi-stream sampling
- Dimensions (L x W x H), mm: 495 x 539 x 393 mm
- Weight, kg: Typically 33 kg and external membrane backing pump 7 kg
- Power requirement: 110/220/240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 1.2 kVA