High Rate Discharge (HRD) System for Explosion Suppression
From Explosion Protection
HRD (high rate discharge) system is a well-tried system for explosion suppression. It detects the initial phase of explosion and then suppresses explosions of flammable dusts in industrial technologies. The equipment reaction time counts in milliseconds. Thanks to its perfect function the HRD system effectively suppresses explosion, limits explosion pressure inside equipment under its pressure resistance and thus prevents its destruction. It eliminates technological damages, but primarily protects human health.
- Fast reaction of the system
- High reliability
- Use in inside and outside areas
- Suitable solution for toxic and otherwise dangerous materials
- Independent archiving of detector data
- Customization according to customer quality wishes
- Variable use of components
- Simple and fast exchange of components after activation
- Easy manipulation and transport
- Extinguishing agent suitable for food industry
- Filters and filtration units
- Industrial vacuums
- Dust reservoirs
- Crushers and other industrial equipment against explosion effects
Highly sensitive detectors can detect the emerging explosion within milliseconds, the system will open HRD valves and activate HRD bottles with extinguishing material. Extinguishing agent pressure will extend special telescopic nozzles that will provide effective spread of the extinguishing agent into the whole protected system. The activation takes place very quickly. The explosion pressure is, thanks to the HRD system, under control and its undesired effects are minimized.
Especially developed for the technologies, where the fire suppression powder is not accepted. WATER SHOT is a special HRD vesel equipped by fast opening valve and other accessories with H2O inside instead of the usual extinguishing media.
WATER SHOT is designed to protect against the effects of explosions, especially in the food industry where the fire suppression powder is not accepted. It is especially intended to protect the technologies, which are cleaning with water in the normal process. Its application will certainly find the opportunity in many other industries and in many different technologies.
Why Water Shot?
- Material in the technology is not contaminated by fire extinguishing powder
- After the explosion suppression the technology should be dried only, it is not necessary to remove the normal powder extinguishing agent
- WATER SHOT is a highly eco-extinguishing agent, which pollute the environment fast, economical refilling
- WATER SHOT is cost effective and people friendly equipment
Pressure detectors recognize incipient explosion in time. They will pass this information to the control unit extremely quickly. Their advantage is a short reaction time (in milliseconds) and variability of use.
Simple or multiple zone control unit evaluates and archives detector information, activates extinguishing bottles, monitors circuits for connection of other devices, provide data to superior systems and serves as a user interface to the operators.
HRD Container Units
Special HRD vessels equipped by fast- opening valves and other accessories contain extinguishing agent under stable pressure. When an explosion is detected, they provide immediate and effective introduction of the extinguishing agent into the protected equipment. Variability of bottle sizes (5, 8, 20 or 50 liters), quick and fast explosion suppression are the advantages. Easy manipulation and simple maintenance are a bonus for the customer.