Hilliard HILCO - Model LTC - Load Tap Changer
For over 15 years, HILCO has provided filtration systems to the utility industry to clean up LTC oil compartments. Hilsorb dryer filters remove free water as well as particulate down to 1 micron ensuring that the contacts in the LTC always operate in oil that is at its prime dielectric strength.
Filtration systems for the utility industry to clean up LTC oil compartments as well as transformer load tap changers (LTC).
Proven performance. Electric utility companies continue to show interest in using Hilsorb dryer fi lters on their transformer load tap changers (LTC). Rightfully so, as these fi lter cartridges have extended the time between maintenance intervals, thereby saving utility dollars. Dryer/fi lter cartridges, such as the PD718-12-CN, remove free water as well as particulate down to 1 micron ensuring that the contacts in the LTC always operate in oil that is at its prime dielectric strength. (See HHB-1)
HILCO: the originator of the LTC fi ltration system. For 15 years, HILCO has provided fi ltration systems to the utility industry to clean up LTC oil compartments. Since the original pilot project with Virginia Power in the early 1980s (see VPA-1), HILCO has manufactured hundreds of custom-designed systems for various utility companies.
Products to meet everyone’s needs. Experience has shown that each utility has different requirements for LTC fi lters. Some companies are interested in ‘bare bones’, standard HILCO housings. When these units are properly installed, they provide an economical solution to the problem. On the other end of the spectrum, many utilities have opted for all the ‘bells and whistles’, where only simple plumbing and electrical work is required. In all cases, HILCO has
the right product for you.
- 3.5 gpm positive displacement pumps close coupled to 1/3 HP TEFC motor. Pump has 60 psi built-in relief valve.
- NEMA-4 electrical enclosure
- Buna-N o-ring cover seals
- Vent cock
- Pressure gage to detect dirty cartridge
- ANSI #70 gray paint
- Pressure switch, SPDT or DPDT to detect dirty cartridge
- Run light
- Dirty cartridge indicator light
Typical Model: 03718-530101031
Features: includes all standard features of the LTC Filtration System, plus:
- Enclosed in Nema 4 enclosure with front and top access
- Float switch to indicate oil in compartment
- Pressure switch (SPDT) to indicate dirty cartridge
- Transfer valves to fi ll or top off reservoir
- Drain valves
- Flow indicator
Other options available (partial list):
- Programmable timer
- ASME code fi lters
- Pressure switch - to be wired into an alarm
- Drip pans and sump alarms - for leak detection
- Magnetic motor starter to shut down pump motor remotely
- Hour meter
At the heart of it all… HILCO’s own dryer cartridge
Don’t be fooled by private labeling. HILCO manufactures its own fi lter cartridges in Elmira,
NY. This gives our customers:
- a single source for housings, systems and cartridges;
- a resource for testing at our R&D lab;
- a reasonably priced cartridge.
Dryer cartridges are designed to remove free water and particulate. (See HDI-1)
Cartridges that remove 99% of particles 1 micron or larger are available.