HORIBA - Model OBS-ONE - Real Driving Emissions Monitoring System
In 2015 the European Commission´s (EC) Member States agreed on new procedures and requirements for light-duty vehicle type approval certification introducing Portable Emission Measurement System (PEMS) for vehicle testing on the road. In conjunction with the new WLTC test cycle Real Driving Emissions (RDE) legislation will be implemented as an additional type approval requirement in Sept. 2017.
Compared to the current test cycles and testing environments, Real Driving Emissions introduces a lot of external influences. Besides higher dynamics during “real world” driving, external factors such as varying ambient conditions, different road grades and the driving behavior might influence the results significantly leading to a poor reproducibility of the tests. Nevertheless the engines need to be clean under all the defined boundary conditions which might become even more challenging in the near future by the inclusion of cold start emissions and the in-service conformity testing.
As a world-wide leading supplier of emission measurement systems, HORIBA is always dedicated to support OEMs comply with the stringent regulations. The introduction of its modular OBS-ONE family for emission measurements on the road is only one component in HORIBA´s solution for the upcoming Real Driving Emissions legislation:
Welcome on board!
With its OBS-ONE series, originally launched in 2014, HORIBA already offers an advanced PEMS for on-board measurement that complies with the latest and draft regulations, thus being ideally suited for RDE measurement.
HORIBA is constantly improving its product portfolio to develop the best possible solution for the customers. The OBS-ONE series products all fulfil the highest quality standards and allow accurate measurement of Real Driving Emissions. Having achieved technical leadership in its field, the different OBS-ONE system modules can facilitate the measurement of mass emissions, namely CO, CO2, NOX, NO, (NO2 by calculation), THC, CH4 (NMHC by calculation), particulate matter (PM) and total particle number (PN). The system comprises the OBS-ONE-GS and the OBS-ONE-PM unit, launched in 2014 and 2015 respectively, as well as its newest member, the OBS-ONE-PN unit. All of those modules employ a common interface, the HORIBA ONE PLATFORM, offering an intuitive and adaptable solution to integrate control and management of each emission measurement device into a single controller. Additionally, this software is open to future expandability.
Developed on the basis of decades of experience in emissions measurement systems, HORIBA’s OBS-ONE series offers a tailored solution for applications related to Real Driving Emissions. Welcome on board!
- HORIBA got more than 60 years of experience in the development of analyzers and measurement systems thus being the ideal partner to satisfy manufacturer needs
- HORIBA´s OBS-ONE series utilizes patented analyzer technologies to offer the highest accuracy and the highest robustness for measurements on the road
- Due to a variety of different installation opportunities, HORIBA´s OBS-ONE series enables a fast and flexible installation on almost any vehicle without any modifications
- As a world-wide market leader in emission measurement systems HORIBA offers a strong and experienced service support with fast turn-around times regarding maintenance and calibration
- An intuitive and robust control software based on the HORIBA ONE platform offers a full variety of different control features as well as the possibility to add various OBS modules via plug and play
- Furthermore HORIBA offers a comprehensive post processing tool to ensure the regulatory data evaluation and which offers a wide range of additional functions for data analysis and reporting