HTI - Model 290 - Acoustic Tag Receiver
From Acoustic Tags
HTI's Model 290 Acoustic Tag Receiver offers an efficient means of remotely tracking fish in 3D with sub-meter resolution. Model 795 Acoustic Tags offer many advanced capabilities in the smallest acoustic tag commercially available and are field programmable.
- Sub-meter, 3D position resolution over time (e.g. every second).
- Samples up to 30 hydrophones simultaneously (with two Model 290's).
- Can be used for presence/absence monitoring.
- To learn more view 3D animations of actual fish tracks.
Hydroacoustic Technology, Inc. specializes in the manufacture and use of hydroacoustic electronics for fisheries research. HTI's Model 290-series Acoustic Tag Systems and Model 795 Acoustic Tags are the most advanced acoustic tags and acoustic tag tracking systems available for fisheries research.
- Model 290/291 Acoustic Tag Systems are capable of tracking tagged fish in three-dimensions, with sub-meter position resolution, with positions available anywhere from 25 times/sec to once every 16 sec (user selected). (A minimum of four properly deployed hydrophones are required.)
- Over 500 tags in the same hydrophone array can be detected and tracked simultaneously by HTI Model 290/291 Acoustic Tag Receivers. Data destructive tag “collisions” common with radio tags and other manufacturers’ acoustic tags do not exist with Model 290/291 Systems.
- Model 795 Acoustic Tags can be rapidly activated and programmed by the user in the field for pulse width (0.5-10.0 msec), signal encoding, pulse repetition rate (25 pings/sec to 1 ping every 16 sec), and individual tag identification.
- HTI Model 795 Acoustic Tags have a proprietary code-phase modulation signal available which increases signal strength by up to 11 dB over a conventional CW pulse, increasing detection ranges. This proprietary code-phase modulation is not offered by any other known manufacturer.
- With Model 290/291 Acoustic Tag Receivers and Model 295 Acoustic Tag Data Loggers, detection ranges for Model 795 Acoustic Tags are typically 500 m to 1 km in freshwater. (Radio tags are typically limited to ranges of 10 m in water.)
- Over 50,000 user-specified individual tag ID codes are available with Model 795 Acoustic Tags.
- For small fish, using the Model 490LP Acoustic Tag Programmer and the Model 491 Acoustic Tag Fish Programmer, HTI Model 795 Acoustic Tags can be fully activated and programmed after being implanted in the fish.
- HTI Model 795 Acoustic Tags are very small acoustic tags, and can be used to tag very small fish. HTI Model 800u Micro Acoustic Tags weigh only 0.5 g in air, and measure a mere 6.5 mm max. dia by 15 mm long.
- Model 795 Micro Acoustic Tags have been used to tag and track juvenile fish as small as 90 mm in length.