HUWA - Model QS - Stainless Steel Repair Clamps
HUWA stainless steel repair clamps style HUWA-QS are used for permanent repairs of broken and damaged pipes for water, gas and petrochemical fluids.
- The HUWA-QS repair clamp is in fact a small version of the HUWA-10 repair clamp, having a range of max. 4 mm.
- The clamp is used on pipes for which HUWA-10 clamps are not available due to the small pipe diameter.
The clamps can be used to repair the following pipe types:
- Ductile Iron (DI)
- Cast Iron (CI)
- Steel (St.)
- Asbestos Cement (AC)
- PE coated steel
* If pipe repair clamps are to be used on plastic pipes, please always contact HUWA or a HUWA distributor for more information regarding the application and restrictions on these pipe types.
HUWA Repair clamps should be used under following conditions:
- For PVC pipes, the width of the clamps should be 50 % longer and bolt torque should be reduced by 50 %. We prefer that you consult your HUWA distributor.
- The maximum allowable distance between two pipe ends should not exceed 10 mm.
- The maximum allowable deﬂection is 2 degrees.
- The maximum allowable o!set should not exceed 3 mm.
- All metal parts: stainless steel AISI 304.
- Metal parts have been deburred and are passivated to restore the corrosion resistance to its original state after the welding process.
- Single band (one section) with a workingrange of max. 4 mm. For an overview of all working ranges please see our price-list.
- Standard certiﬁed rubber gaskets EPDM or NBR. The rubber is tapered and has a wa'e pattern.
- Seamless rubber lining for every clamp diameter.
- Bridge plate is vulcanized into the rubber gasket.
- U-shaped lifter bar.
- Stainless steel, electrolytic zinc plated nuts to prevent galling.
- Stainless steel washers.
- No loose parts that may get lost during installation.
- No special tools required: a simple wrench will do the job.
- Special tape is used to ﬁx the rubber gasket to the stainless steel band. This tape is ﬂexible and reinforced with glass ﬁbre thread to withstand hot and humid conditions and guarantee a long storage capability.
- Under most circumstances the clamps can be installed without releasing the pressure on the pipe.
- The clamps are packed into strong double-rib cartons. For export overseas we use strong, seaworthy crates.
HUWA-QS clamps are available in several di!erent working ranges from 19-23 to 60-64. Please consult our price-list for more details on the working ranges. Available lengths: 75, 100 and 150 mm.
- Pressure ratings for water ** depend on the type of break or damage, pipe OD, medium etc.
- In general, HUWA-QS clamps can resist a working pressure of 16 bars.