Hydroflux - Model ESCB - Ultra High Performance Anaerobic Wastewater Treatment Systems
Anaerobic treatment of wastewater is a biological method characterised by the production of methane (CH4) which when further treated can significantly supplement your factory power requirements. Anaerobic processes are ideal for industrial wastewater with high COD and BOD loads and can usually achieve over 80% reduction whilst generating very little sludge and consuming comparatively low levels of power.
With the development of the ultra high rate HydroThane STP® ECSB (“Easy as Be” – External Circulation Sludge Bed) process, 2nd generation EGSB, HydroThane has created the opportunity for customers to treat their effluent within limited available space and close to urban areas.
The HydroThane STP® ECSB design has eliminated noise and odor related issues that were present in other older anaerobic processes.
Characteristics of the HydroThane STP® ECSB are:
- Due to the complete overpressure design of the ECSB process, a (bio)gas holder is not required
- No need to install any bio/compost filter or other, because allodors or smells are fully integrated into the pressurized and closed biogas circuit
- The over- pressurized design prevents air oxygen entrance – corrosion is therefore not possible
- No complex internals or rotating equipment inside the reactor (no maintenance at all necessary in the reactor)
- Two layers separation design creates maximal process stability and capacity
- Fully controlled hydraulic mixing by means of external circulation
- Loading rates of the ECSB reactor are typically in the range of 15 – 35 kg COD/m3.day
There are numerous applications for anaerobic technology across the industrial sector including:
- Meat industry
- Poultry industry
- Dairy industry
- Beverage industry
- General food processing
- Pulp and Paper Industry
- Petrochemical Industry
- Environmental Water treatment