Hydroflux - Model Hy-DAF HD - Wastewater Dissolved Air Flotation System
The HyDAF Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) system’s simplicity and exceptional performance in industrial applications are just two of the reasons why the HyDAF is the Dissolved Air Flotation system of choice for primary industrial wastewater treatment today.
Key Features of the HyDAF Wastewater Dissolved Air Flotation system
A HyDAF HD Dissolved Air Flotation system comprises the following main components within one packaged plant:
- Hydroflux Hex Inlet Mixer to provide superior inlet flow distribution and flocculent / recycle stream mixing for optimum flotation.
- Integrated Sludge hoppers for easy settled solids removal.
- Dissolved air recycle stream injection into the Hydroflux Hex Inlet Mixer for immediate air contact with flocculent and solids particles.
- Flotation zone (DAF Zone) to provide a quiescent volume for the formation of float.
- Heavy duty, fully guarded, counter-current surface skimmer for the removal of surface float.
- Effluent discharge baffle to enhance the separation of the clarified effluent from the quiescent volume.
This micro-bubble precipitation is achieved through the following steps:
- First a recycle stream of treated effluent is taken from the discharge end of the HyDAF and is pressurised to a pressure of 400-600kPa.
- This pressurised flow is injected into specially designed process pipework called a Saturator. Air is added to the Saturator to maintain a “headspace” which acts to provide contact between the air and the treated effluent and it is here that air is dissolved into the recycle stream.
- To precipitate the dissolved air back as micro air bubbles, the pressure is relieved through a Pressure Regulating Valve (PRV). The PRV creates back pressure against the Recycle Pump and establishes the pressure in the system, and in the Saturator. This valve also provides for a high level of shear which aids in the precipitation of the air from the pressurised solution.
The Hydroflux Hy-DAF range of Dissolved Air Flotation systems have been applied to a wide range of wastewater applications. Listed below are some of the more common ones.
Applications for the HyDAF dissolved air flotation system – orange indicates a clickable link:
- Meat and poultry industry
- Beverage sector
- Fruit processing
- Vegetable processing
- Potato and potato chips
- Vegetable oil processing
- Prepared Foods
- Paper, cardboard and printing
- Waste Activated Sludge thickening
- Potable water treatment
- Algae Removal