Hydrogen Flouride Gas Laser Detector
From Toxic Gas Detection
This Open Path Gas Detector (OPGD) is specific to Hydrogen Fluoride (HF). The separate transmitter and receiver assemblies are certified for use in potentially explosive aospheres and can detect HF over distances of 5 to 120 meters. Constructed in high grade corrosion resistant 316 Stainless Steel this device is ideally suited for onshore, open and enclosed environments. With no consumable parts and the patented daily auto-self testing facility called ‘Simugas’, the Senscient ELDS HF detector offers significant installed and operational cost savings over conventional fixed point toxic gas detectors.
- Fastest speed of response (<3 seconds) Increased safety by providing earlier warning.
- Operates up to 120 meters Significant installation cost savings over multiple fixed point gas detectors.
- No consumable parts No on-going cost for replacement sensing elements and associated service labour.
- SimuGasTM daily auto gas testing No manual intervention or on-going cost for routine gas testing.
- HF specific No false alarms from interference gases as experienced with many fixed point toxic gas detectors.
- BluetoothTM connectivity No physical intervention required for local interrogation, event log downloading and trouble shooting.
Open path HF gas detectors are used to monitor for fugitive emissions, protect personnel and warn of plant failure. These devices are typically located to provide a detection barrier around the perimeter of a plant, process or storage area; or positioned in close proximity to specific items of plant, that pose a real risk of gas escape: e.g. pump sets, pressure reducers, valves and pipe flanges.
Typical applications include:
- Petrochemical refineries
- Chemical plants
- Metals manufacturing and processing plants