IMR - Model 550P - Combustion Gas Dryer
The IMR 5 5 Op device is for the cleaning of gases and is suitable for use in conjunction with all gas measuring and analysis instruments.
It is encased in a handy portable case. It is especially designed for use with the IMR 1400 and IMR 2800 series or any other type of combustion gas analyzer. The dust free gas is led directly to the IMR550P via heated tube without being cooled. Leading the gas through a tube, the outside of that has dry gas flowing over it, performs the selective and continuous removal of water vapor. The water vapor permeates the tube and is drown off by the dry gas while the other constituents remain. At the end of the operation dry and dust free gas is left.
- Display : LED Display 10mm; temperature controller
- Filter : Disposable element; 99.99% removal of 3 microns particles Optional: Stainless steel; 99.99% removal of 0.1 micron particles
- Heated Hose : Length: 5 ft. (1.5 meters); other lengths are optional available Temperature controlled at approx.. 140°C / 285°F Temperature element: PT100 or thermocouple Type K
- Drying System : Peltier Cooler System
- Enclosure : Pelican Case
- Operating Temperature : 50°F to 104°F (10°C to 50°C)
- Storage Temperature : -4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C)
- Operating Environment : 90% RH non-condensing
The pettier cooler is designed to reduce the dew-point of the flue-gas to about 5°C, this eliminates condensation. The hot flue-gas enters the heat exchanger and the flue-gas comes in contact with the cold wall of the heat exchanger. The immediate separation of the water vapor is the result. Again virtually all elements of the flue-gas sample are retained, except the water vapor. The condensed water exits through a tubing pump. The filtered and dried flue-gas can now be analyzed by the IMR 2800 or any other flue-gas analyzer.
Before the flue-gas enters the 'heated hose' it is cleaned by a filter that is designed for hot gas analysis. The construction ensures a quick filter element exchange. The filter element is designed to remove 99.99% of 3 microns particles. A special filter housing is available for dirty gas analysis applications. The IMR 550P filtering system can be equipped with different grades of stainless steel elements. The filter can be used as a coalescing filter or as a particulate filter simply by switching the input and output.