Industrial Scientific - Model LENS - Wireless
LENS Wireless connects devices to share alarms so teams know who’s in trouble and why, allowing for faster and safer emergency response. LENS® Wireless is the first gas detection solution that allows personal monitors and area monitors to share gas readings and alarms with one another to enable team-based safety. Now when a gas hazard, man-down, or panic situation causes an instrument to alarm, all peers in the connected group will instantly know who’s in danger and what hazards they face. When seconds matter, you can rely on help from team members nearby, rather a control room or call center hundreds of miles away.
- Share gas readings and alarms between Ventis® Pro personal monitors and Radius® BZ1 Area Monitors
- Reduce risk on team-based projects through improved situational awareness and informed decision making
- Enjoy out-of-the-box operation with no site surveys, IT setup, licenses, or additional infrastructure needed
- View gas readings from other peers in your group on any monitor without needing a central controller to relay the information
- Receive readings from up to 1.5 km (~1 mile) away with wireless hopping between instruments
- Activate the panic alarm on your personal monitor to notify all peers in your group of an emergency
- Depend on self-healing mesh networks to always stay connected, even if a single unit drops off
Smarter, Faster Decisions – By viewing peer readings and alarms on your own monitor, you will be able to make an informed decision about the hazard, allowing you to avoid needless evacuations or safely move to a designated muster point.There's no need for a central controller to view peer readings in real time.
Safer Emergency Response – Make “would be” rescuer fatalities a thing of the past. First responders will know what workers in hazardous areas are exposed to—in real time, allowing them to properly equip themselves the first time, before attempting a rescue. Panic and Man-down alarms will be relayed to the first responders if workers become injured or unresponsive.
Better Site-Wide Communication – Gas hazards are not just a local issue for workers who are exposed. Explosive and toxic gases also pose a threat to those in the vicinity. With LENS Wireless, you have visibility into hazards happening up to a mile away, allowing you to take appropriate safety precautions when gas readings in the area approach dangerous levels.
More than 60% of fatalities in permit-required confined spaces are would-be rescuers who die trying to save another worker. This webinar will show you how a simple communication tool can give rescuers the information they need to make smart decisions that will save lives.