INNOVA - Model 3434i - SF6 Leak Detector
Detecting and quantifying Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) leakages in the T&D and Power industry. The SF6 Leak Detector 3434i from LumaSense offers an unmatched combination of performance and convenience. Based on the company’s Photoacoustic Spectroscopy (PAS) technology, the system offers highly accurate, repeatable, and reliable quantitative gas analysis and detection. The growing environmental requirements and pressures regarding the use of SF6 make LumaSense’s system a coveted tool designed for routine testing or continuous monitoring at minimal costs.
- QA/QC Leakage Compliance Testing on Gas-Insulated Switch-gear (GIS) - Integral Leak Testing
- Circuit breaker leak testing and maintenance
- Area leak monitoring in indoor substations, or in manufacturing halls
- Limit of detection at 6ppb, using a highly specific optical filter
- Excellent linearity over a high dynamic range
- Easy-to-use, one-button measurement with a 13 second response time for simple, ultra-fast gas detection
- Highly stable, with no consumables or radioactive sources
- Portable and rugged—relocate the detector without loss in accuracy or need for re-calibration
- Exceptional accuracy with auto-compensation for temperature and pressure fluctuations, as well as water vapor compensation and measurement
- Expandable to an area monitoring system in 24 locations with 1409 Multi-point Sampler
- Remote control capability via LAN using the LumaSoft Gas Single Point 7810 or Multi Point 7870 software
- Includes BZ7002 Calibration Software
- Includes BZ7003 Offline Software to set up the Gas Monitor without connecting it to a PC and to download data stored in the gas monitors internal memories.
Leakage Compliance Testing on SF6 insulated switchgear
In order to meet final test standards, as well as to uphold any new regulations that may be enforced to enable the continued use of SF6, a manufacturer of SF6 insulated electrical switch-gear must perform quality assurance testing. The SF6 Leak Detector system's accuracy and low detection limits enable manufacturers to complete these tests more efficiently and with greater precision.
The system is able to measure the total concentration of the SF6 gas in an enclosed area, where the switch-gear (or other SF6 filled equipment) is tested. The test chamber being used as accumulation volume, the quantitative leakage rate can be deducted with accuracy from the SF6concentration build-up. The superior accuracy and resolution of LumaSense’s SF6 Leak Detector enables a quick response time for the compliance test..
Area Leak Monitoring
Beyond the need to verify with the industry standards for SF6 leakage rate on their switchgears, the equipment manufacturers and the power utilities must also inventory and report on their SF6 losses and emissions throughout the SF6 handling processes in their facilities.
A continuous area monitoring system is highly recommended to alarm on SF6 leakage events and trigger rapid condition-based repair and maintenance. The lower the detection limit, the earlier the alarm on a leak, and the less chance for SF6 reported losses and fines.
The SF6 Leak Detector system meets all of the requirements with high-sensitivity, standalone and reliable 24/7 operation, and minimal maintenance needs. Furthermore, the detector can be easily combined with a Multipoint Sampler 1409 to broaden the monitoring area with up to 24 sampling lines, hence also mapping the monitored area to help pin pointing the leak source.
Readily Available to Measure Alternative Insulation Gases
For many years already, the key GIS manufacturers have been conducting active R&D to develop alternative insulation gas, with much lower global warming potential (GWP), in replacement of the SF6 in particular for high voltage applications. However, it is expected that very low leakage rate will remain enforced even with alternative substances. LumaSense’s INNOVA 3434i will be readily available to measure and quantify the leak rates of the new substances (and/or SF6) with only a very limited configuration change needed on the instrument.
Reliable, Stable and Simple to Use
Turn it on and press the 'Measure' button. That's really all that you need to know. The monitor's extended self-test routines maintain the reliability of the results, which are available on-line or can be downloaded as required. The only maintenance tasks necessary are recommended annual calibration and changing the air filter. Both tasks are easily performed.