Intercept - Model V-4000 - Cartridge Downdraft Bench Dust Collectors
Fully self-contained, No ductwork required, Integral fan assemblies, Single cartridge door access, Standard work cell sizing, Optional spark arrester, Pre-filter system.
On all units, an integral exhaust fan assembly is installed in the clean air plenum. All controls, push button, and signal lights are prewired and premounted in a NEMA 12 control with overload protection.
Single Cartridge Access Door
INTERCEPT V-4000 Down Draft Bench design allows for access to the entire dirty air chamber for cleaning.
INTERCEPT V-4000 Filter change out is through a single cartridge plenum access door and is easily accomplished without the necessity of removing several doors or covers. The entire unit interior is visible when servicing the filter chamber.
Optional Unique Spark Arrester Pre-Filter System
INTERCEPT V-4000 Down Draft Bench offers an optional unique Spark Arrester pre-filter system, which filters out oils and large, abrasive particles from directly impinging on the filter elements. Contaminated air enters the dust collector in a downward flow at a controlled velocity. Spark Arrester filters are removable and washable.
- Cartridge type down draft bench shall be completely self contained and moveable without the dismantling of ductwork.
- The unit shall have all motor controls and purge controls pre-mounted in NEMA 12 control enclosures ready for immediate customer hook-up.
- Cartridges shall be made of polyester/cellulose 80/20 blend media and mounted in the vertical position using a locking cam type device to guarantee a positive seal between the cartridge and the clean air chamber.
- Motor and fan assembly shall be direct driven and located on the clean air side of the unit.
- The fan shall be a high efficiency, non-overloading, flat bladed, backward curve design.
- Optional mesh type pre-filter spark arrester shall be mounted in the upstream air of the cartridge filters to assist in preventing spark contact with the cartridge filter media.
- Deck surface shall be fiberglass, steel, wood, aluminum or wood with an average work deck face velocity of no less than 300 fpm.
- Each unit shall primed and finished with a heavy duty urethane mastic.
- Each unit shall be test run, fan balanced and quality checked prior to shipment.
INTERCEPT V-4000 Down Draft Bench comes standard with a digital sequencer/timer with internal dP pressure switch* and off-line option, 2.5' wg pulse start, 1.5' wg pulse stop, 5 cycles on stop for offline blowdown, 80-90 PSI required, 120V/1Ph/60Hz required.
Each cartridge filter is cleaned by a reverse high pressure pulse of air flow through the filter center. This ‘pulse’ of reverse air flow blows the accumulated dust off the outside of the filter cartridges to be collected in the drawer below.
- Integral Vertical Cartridge Filter System
- Single Cartridge Cam Locking Door
- Integral Fan, Motor and Pulse Controls
- No Ductwork Hook-ups Necessary - Easily Relocated
- Integral Fork Slots
- Custom Hoods/Lighting
- Grated Work Deck Materials
- Adjustable Foot Rests
- Hood Crane Slots/Insulation
- Manual Finishing
- Manual Deburring
- Manual Sanding