Cub is a personal VOC detector with photoionisation detection (PID) technology for the fast, accurate detection of volatile organic compounds, keeping you safe within your working environment. With market leading parts-per-billion (ppb) sensitivity, Cub sets the standard in personal gas monitoring giving an early warning of exposure to hazardous gases.
Comfortable and unobtrusive to wear, Cub sits within the breathing zone and is the smallest, lightest, personal VOC detector available. Cub has a dynamic range of 0 to 5000 ppm – the widest on the market – measuring 480 selectable compounds.
When worker exposure exceeds pre-set limits Cub’s audible, vibrating and flashing LED alarms alert you to the gases present. Readings are displayed on its bright, back-lit LCD display with selectable data logging time.
Cub’s patented photoionisation detection (PID) sensor technology has been independently verified as best performing for speed, accuracy and humidity resistant operation.
The PID sensor’s Fence Electrode utilises a humidity resistant and anti-contamination design providing extended run-time in the most challenging environments, giving you accurate results you can truly rely on.
CubDoc docking stations are also available for USB communication, charging and calibrating your instrument, dependent on your requirements.
The Cub personal VOC detector is available as a standard instrument with 10.6 eV lamp for accurately detecting a wide range of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) to parts-per-million (ppm) levels. Ion Science also offers the CubTAC ppm variant with 10.0 eV lamp that accurately detects total aromatic compounds (TACs), including benzene. Both models can be upgraded with parts-per-billion (ppb) sensitivity quickly and easily online.
Best available photoionisation detection (PID)
- PID sensor independently verified as best performing on the market
- Unrivalled sensitivity detects down to ppb levels
- Widest range detecting gases 0 to 5,000 ppm
- In-built humidity resistance with no need to compensate
- Anti-contamination design for extended field operation
- Measures 480 selectable compounds
- Fast (<13 second) response to hazardous gases & vapours
- Clear audio, visual and vibrating alarms
- Large LCD display for clear readings
- Long battery life (16 hours) for maximum uptime
- Meets ATEX, IECEx, US & Canadian certification
Ease of use
- Smallest, lightest personal VOC detector available
- Simple one button operation
- Intuitive software and simple calibration routine
- Easy to service
- Easily upgrade your instrument
Low cost operation
- Inexpensive consumables and parts
- 2-year warranty when Cub registered online
- 0.001 ppm (isobutylene equivalent)*
- 0.002 mg/m3 (isobutylene equivalent)*
- ±5% display reading + one digit
- <13 seconds (T90)
- Europe: ATEX: CE, Ex II 1G, Ex ia IIC T4; -20oC ≤ Ta ≤ 55 oC
- IECEx: Ex ia IIC T4 -20oC ≤ Ta ≤ 55 oC
- China: Ex ia IIC T4 -20oC ≤ Ta ≤ 55 oC
- US and Canadian certification pending
- Battery life up to 16 hours
- Battery charge time 4 hours
PID Lamp Options
- 10.6 eV, 10.0 eV
- 30,000 readings
- USB 2.0
- LEDs, audio and vibrate
- Sounder 86 dB
- Pre-programmed TWA & STEL. Work exposure alarm levels on all models.
- Operating: -20 to 55 oC, -4 to 131 oF
- Humidity handling: Fence Electrode Technology
Weight & Dimensions
- 111g (3.91 oz)
- 61 x 66 x 59 mm (2.4 x 2.6 x 2.3”)
- 0.01 ppm
- ppm 0.1 - 5,000 ppm
- ppb 0.001 - 5,000 ppm
- TAC 0.01 - 5,000 ppm
- 2 point calibration via docking station
- Upgrade ppm to ppb
- Designed to IP65 (heavy rain)
- Back lit multi-colour
- N/A (no pump)
Docking Station OPTIONS
- Charge only
- Charge and USB communication
- Charge, USB communication and calibration