Falco is the latest generation of fixed VOC detectors that continuously detect a wide range of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) using patented photoionisation detection (PID) technology.
Unique to this fixed VOC detector is its revolutionary ‘typhoon technology’ safeguarding the PID sensor from condensing moisture for added reliability in severe weather conditions. In addition, the PID sensor incorporates patented Fence Electrode Technology, which virtually removes the effects of airborne humidity and protects from contamination.
The Falco VOC detector gives you cutting-edge performance; reliability, accuracy and results you can trust so you can be sure workforce and plant receive on-going maximum protection. With its humidity resistance and anti-contamination design drift is minimised and run-time extended, saving both time and cost to your business.
Offering the ultimate in safety, Falco eliminates false readings found with other competing PID technology. Its multi-coloured LED status display can be seen from a distance of twenty metres in sunlight ensuring you are clearly alerted to hazards present.
Falco has an externally located Intrinsically Safe sensor for quick and easy servicing without the need for a hot work permit. Dual certification allows Falco to be serviced and calibrated in a hazardous environment without having to remove power.
Simple to operate the Falco fixed VOC detector has an intuitive user interface. It has five magnetic switches with LED confirmation, a high contrast OLED screen and graphical interface ensuring installation and servicing are both quick and easy.
RS485 (Modbus®), 4-20 mA and Relay outputs are standard for all models. The Relay outputs are configurable for either high and low alarms, fault conditions or test cycle synchronisation.
The Falco fixed VOC detector offers the ultimate in flexibility and can be purchased as one of four detection ranges in either a pumped or diffused variant. With a diffused model, servicing costs are kept to a minimum with no pump to maintain.
See our leading range of VOC detectors:
- Cub personal VOC detector
- Cub TAC personal benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Tiger LT handheld VOC detector
- Tiger handheld VOC detector
- Tiger Select handheld benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Titan fixed benzene detector
- TVOC fixed PID detector
- MiniPID 2 VOC sensor
- The only VOC detector specifically designed for extreme weather
- ‘Typhoon technology’ stops condensation forming within the PID
- Cutting-edge sensor performance minimises drift & downtime
- Eliminates false readings found with competing PID technology
- Multi-coloured status display can be seen from 20 metres in sunlight
- Fitted with long-life lamp for two years continuous use
- Ex d approved
- Pumped or diffused models available
- Pumped unit ideal for difficult to access locations
- Diffused model reduces servicing costs
- Four detection ranges available
- Selectable response factor for varying VOC selection
- Sensor : Photoionisation with 10.6 eV lamp
- Detection ranges and sensitivity :
- 10.0 ppm*0.001 ppm
- 50.0 ppm*0.01 ppm
- 1000 ppm* 0.1 ppm
- 3000 ppm* 1 ppm
- Detection time (T90) : <30 seconds (diffused)**
- User interface :
- Display: OLED high contrast white on black: 128 (w) x 64 (h) pixels Screen size: 35 mm (w) x 17.5 mm (h)
- 5 magnetic switches with LED confirmation (up, down, left, right & enter). Magnetic actuator supplied.
- Status indicator : Bright visible status indicator: RED, AMBER, GREEN
- Certification : II 2G Ex d ib IIC T4 Gb ISO9001:2015
- Environmental specification :
- Op Temp: -40oC to +50oC
- Storage Temp: -40oC to +60oC
- Op Temp: -20oC to +50oC
- Storage Temp: -20oC to +60oC
- 0-100% RH and condensing humidity
- Mechanical interface :
- 2 x cable entry points with 3/4” NPT threads (left and right)
- 2 x 3/4” NPT to M20 Stainless steel (supplied)
- Dimensions : Without pump: 200 (h) x 190 (w) x 125 (d) mm
- With pump: 290 (h) x 190 (w) x 125 (d) mm
- Mounting points : 2 x M8
- Input power : Working voltage: 12 to 40 Vdc Max. power: 7 watts
- Outputs :
- 4 to 20 mA (active and passive)
- RS485 supports Modbus® protocol
- Relay x 2 SPST (60 Vdc 2A) – configurable