Ionscan - Model 600 - Portable Explosives and Narcotics Trace Detector
The IONSCAN 600 is a highly sensitive trace detector, in a lightweight, portable desktop configuration. It can be used to accurately detect and identify a wide range of military, commercial and homemade explosives threats and common illegal/controlled narcotics, including the highly potent synthetic fentanyl opioids that are rapidly spreading across the world.
The compact, lightweight IONSCAN 600 is easily portable; it includes hot-swappable batteries for full operation even when mains power is not available. The unit can be relocated while fully operational (without any downtime) enabling it to be used in a much broader range of screening environments.
It features a proprietary non-radioactive ion mobility spectrometry (IMS) source, which means licensing from national nuclear regulatory agencies is not required. This allows the detector to be used without time-consuming radiation testing and administration, and enables easy licence-free transport from location to location.
The IONSCAN 600 is unique in working with cost-effective, single-use swabs suitable for both manual and wand sampling. Designed for efficient trace-particle pick-up, these proprietary swabs reduce contamination risk and offer the most hygienic method for sampling a person’s hands.
- Detection and identification in less than 8 seconds
- Simultaneously detects and identifies explosives and narcotics
- Non-radioactive IMS source
- Small, lightweight and portable
- Optional integrated printer
- Single use, disposable sampling swabs
- Approved/certified by ECAC, CAAC and TSA (Air Cargo)
- Technology Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS) with non-radioactive ionisation
- Sampling Trace particle sampling using cost effective, single-use swabs with either manual or wand collection
- Explosives detection Military, commercial and home-made explosives including EGDN, HMTD, HMX, NG, PETN, RDX, TATP, Tetryl, TNT and others
- Narcotics detection Amphetamine, cocaine, heroin, ketamine, MDMA, methamphetamine, buprenorphine, THC, fentanyl, carfentanyl, W-18 and others
- Consumables Cost-effective single use swab and verification pen
- Analysis time 8-12 seconds or less
- Warm-up time Less than 10 minutes
- Connectivity Ethernet; 4x USB 2.0
- Battery Integrated Lithium-ion for 1-hour full operation; hot swap batteries allow extended operation time.
- Printer Integrated thermal printer (option at time of order only) or external USB printer
- Data display 22.9cm (9') high resolution, anti-reflective, colour touch-screen
- Weight Non-printer version: 10.8kg (23.8lbs), Integrated printer version: 11.5kg (25.4lbs)
- Dimensions (L x H x D) Non-printer version: 37.7 x 30.4 x 32.7cm (14.8' x 12.0' x 12.9'), Integrated printer version: 38.3 x 39.5 x 37.7cm (15.1 x 15.6 x 14.8in)
- Operating temperature -10 to +50°C (14 to 122°F)
- Operating altitude 3,048m (10,000ft)
- Operating humidity 0 to 95% non-condensing