Iridium - Model G2110E2 - GPS Collar
Get your animal's location data from the ATS Iridium Website, via two-way Iridium satellite. Receive SMS text messages on specified events, including traversing a geo-fence.
- 825 grams total weight
- Remotely commanded blow-off via ATS Website command
- Long life, 2 to 4 years, typical
- 'E2' model offers Neolink radio-link for fawn monitoring
- Remotely commanded fix rate changes to one every ten minutes
- Geo-fencing capability with SMS text alerts
Get your animal's data from anywhere you can access the web.
You can easily program the G2110E2 collar using the supplied Windows-based software. You can control how often fixes are collected and stored, how often data is uploaded to the ATS Iridium website (up to six per day, each holding up to 22 locations), and how often the VHF beacon will transmit (this allows you to maximize battery life).
The model G2110E2 uses the Iridium satellite to send stored location data collected by the collar’s on-board GPS receiver chipset. An integrated VHF transmitter allows you to track the animal in the field, and a collar release mechanism allows for reuse of the collar after retrieval. The E2 model provides a radio-link with the M3930U VIT Transmitter and M4230BU Fawn Collar in order to monitor a doe's fawns. Additionally, you can program the collar to alert you of specified events via SMS text messages.
Location data is sent via the web to ATS’s Servers. The data is then uploaded to the ATS Iridium website according to the schedule you chose. A data file compatible with Google Earth is also included.
You can even remotely command an 'on-the-fly' change via the website to the fix rate and mortality schedule, fix duration time, and Iridium data transmission interval.
A remotely commanded collar release is accomplished by simply logging on to the website, where you can then invoke the release command to the Iridium satellite system, and thence, the collar.
A nominal monthly subscription fee, as well as a per-location fee, will be invoiced to you on a monthly basis. The G2110E2 is refurbishable. You may return the collar to ATS to have the batteries replaced.
Variable; factors affecting life include number of GPS fixes per day, # of Iridium data transmissions per day, visibility of GPS and Iridium satellites, VHF on-time per day.
GPS Location Data:
- Number of fixes to collect per 24 hr period, hourly increments
- Up to three (3) programmable discrete location schedules
- Data uploads from every 4 hours to once per week
Remote Programmability (via ATS Iridium website)
- GPS fix rate, 12 intervals from 10 min. to 24 hrs.
- Mortality hours, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 hrs.
- GPS fix duration time
- Satellite data download transmission interval, 11 intervals from 4 hrs. to 7days
- Collar release
- Event notifiction via SMS text messaging
- Collar electronics collects and transmits to Iridium satellite: Year, julian day, time, GPS fix status, fix location (if successful), activity level, temperature, and system statistics
- ATS computer generates and uploads to website: a current data file, an accumulated data file (both .txt) and a Google Earth compatible file (.kml)
- Datum: WGS84
Daily on/off time by hour, minimum on-time one hour/day
2 “D” size
UHF simplex radio chipset.
- Weight: 825 grams, typical (1.8 lbs.)
- Size: Electronics Box 11.5 x 8 x 6.5 cm.
- Box Material: Silicon-reinforced Polycarbonate plastic. Optional machined aluminum case.
- Collar Material: Sized to your specification using 5 cm (2”) Neoprene belting. Optional rubber out layer with internal antenna, also available in 7.5 cm (3') width.
- Specify collar circumference and VHF frequency range.
- The following cable is required, available at nominal charge: PN 16491 GPS Programming Cable.
New and initial refurbishment cycle GPS collars are covered by a limited warranty for one year from time of shipment, or up to the calculated minimum battery life, whichever occurs first. GPS collars may be refurbished up to three times.