J.U.M. - Model 3-200 - Portable High Temperature Total Hydrocarbon Analyzer
Our transportable model 3-200 fully heated FID is successfully used throughout international markets for over 30 years. Also among other portable gas FIDs, the 3-200 It is the first ever built transportable fully heated FID using our proprietary back purge sample filter. It is widely distributed throughout the industry and the stack testing community and is much liked for its ruggedness, high accuracy, sensitivity and stability. Our optional 50 liter low pressure metal hydride fuel storage can easily be mounted on the left side panel and allows a 45 hour minimum of uninterrupted operation. This fuel storage can be self-refilled at a low pressure of only 25 bar. No special adapter needed. A standard 2-stage pressure regulator with a 30 bar outlet is sufficient.
The 3-200 is officially certified to be 100% identical to the VE7 and 3-300A analyzers. It is TUV approved and certified for 2. BImSchV. 13. BImSchV and 17. BImSchV and fully complies with EN 12619, EN 13526 (EU) and with EPA Method 25A and Method 503 (USA).
- Maintenance free sample filter back purge system allows filter to be cleaned without dismantling (automatic optional)
- Built in burner air generator, no external air cylinder needed
- All components in contact with sample fully heated and controlled at 190 degree C
- Built-in sample pressure and sample pumps
- Automatic flame out alarm and contact
- Fast response within 1 second
- Low fuel consumption
- Very selective
- Microprocessor controlled PID-type temperature controller
- Remote control for sample, calibrate and back purge is standard
- Remote or automatic range change optional
- Stack gas hydrocarbon emissions monitoring
- Fence line monitoring
- Raw exhaust vehicle emissions analysis
- Catalytic converter testing
- Measuring engine combustion efficiency
- Hydrocarbon contamination monitoring in air and other gases
- Carbon adsorption regeneration control
- Detection of trace hydrocarbons in purity gases used in the semi conductor industry
- LEL monitor of solvent laden air
The J.U.M. Engineering HFID Model 3-200 is a portable very compact heated total hydrocarbon analyzer for high accuracy, sensitivity and stability.
The very reliable Model 3-200 heated FID uses our time proven hydrogen flame ionization detector (FID) in a 190°C heated oven to prevent the loss of high molecular weight hydrocarbons and to provide best performance in the analysis of low trace to high concentration levels of contaminants in emissions, ambient air, high purity gases, air and other gases.
All sample wetted components are integrated into the heated chamber. The permanent heated sample filter is cleaned by back purging with compressed air or nitrogen. This allows uninterrupted measurements during cleaning the sample filter. While back purging the sample filter, the sample line is also cleaned. The use of a stack probe filter is not necessary.
The combustion air supply for the detector is built in. No expensive zero gas generator or external cylinder for synthetic air is needed.
Our optional 50 liter metal hydrid fuel storage (See inserted picture) allows a 45 hour minimum of uninterrupted operation. This fuel storage can be very safely self-filled at a low pressure of 25 bar. No special adapter needed.
Also available with our highly effective methane only option.
The Flame Ionization Detection (FID) method is used to determine the presence of total hydrocarbon concentrations in a gaseous sample. Burning hydrocarbon-free hydrogen in hydrocarbon-free air produces a negligible number of ions.
Once a sample containing hydrocarbons is introduced into this flame a very complex ionization process is started. This process creates a large number ions. A high polarizing voltage is applied between the two electrodes around the burner nozzle and produces an electrostatic field. Now negative ions migrate to the collector electrode and positive ions migrate to the high voltage electrode. The so generated ionization current between the two electrodes is directly proportional to the hydrocarbon concentration in the sample that is burned by the flame. This signal is measured and amplified by our electrometer-unit.
A sample pressure regulator provides a controlled back pressure at the sample capillary which gives admittance of a constant sample flow rate to the burner. This technique without the conventional back pressure regulator is used by J.U.M. Engineering for over 30 years to provide the highest possible sample flow rate stability and lowest maintenance. Our compactly designed flow control module for controlling the fuel and air flow rates via needle valves use high precision pressure regulators. The needle valves are factory adjusted and sealed to ensure the optimization of the burner.
- Method of analysis: Flame Ionization Detector
- Sensitivity: Max 1 ppm cm full scale
- Response time: 02 seconds
- Tsotime: 12 seconds
- T90 time with heated line (75m) and filter: less than 8 seconds
- Zero drift: <10% full scale/24h
- Span drift: <10% full scale/24h
- Linearity: Up to 10000 ppm within 1% FSD
- Oxygen synergism: <12%FSD
- Measuring ranges (ppm): 0-10,100, 1000, 10000, 100000, others on request
- Analog outputs: 0-10VDC and 4-20 mA
- Display: 3 1/2 digit
- Sample pump: approx 25 l/min capacity @ operating temp
- Zero and span adjust: Manual on front panel
- Fuel consumption 100% H2: approx 20 ml/min @ 15 bar (22 psig)
- Fuel consumption 40%H2/60%He: approx 90 ml/min @ 15 bar (22 psig)
- Burner air consumption: built in burner air supply
- Oven temperature: 190°C(374°F)
- Temperature control: u-processor PID controller
- Power requirements: either 230VAC/50HZ, 850 W or 115VAC/60HZ, 850 W
- Ambient temperature: 5-43°C(41-110°F)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 19' (483 mm) x 460 mm x 132 mm
- Weight: approx 20 kg (44 lbs)
J.U.M. reserves the right to make improvements on the product described in this brochure at any time without prior notice. Information provided in this brochure is subject to be changed without notice.
Some Options Cannot be Combined:
- AMU 32: Automatic range change
- AP0 32: EXTERNAL automatic programmable backpurge system for the sample filter
- AZM32: Automatic flame ignition and re-ignition
- ENGA 32: 6-digit direct unit display, 0-100.000 ppm
- FOAS 32: Flame out alarm with automatic fuel shut off valve
- ICM 32 *: Built-in NMHC Cutter, measure either THC or Methane-Only with one analyzer
- LT0 32: Measurement of low trace hydrocarbon levels-Requires external, zero grade combustion air supply!
- PDA 32: Sample pressure monitor with alarm
- RCA 32: 0-20 mA analog output instead of 4-20 mA
- RCC32: Remote control range change
- RCIO 32: 0-20 mA analog output, galvanically isolated
- RCI4 32: 4-20 mA analog output, galvanically isolated
- TPR 32 **: Internal temperature controller for heated sample line, e.g. JUMTJ100
- FSS32: Hydrogen fuel storage cartridge including male and female (mounted) 1/4' Swagelok quick connector
- * ICM cannot be combined with LTO
- ** TPR available as external module only when combined with ICM
Availability of options may change without notice!