JSC - Straw Shredding and Pellet Producing Equipment
From Pellet Presses
Straw shredding and pellet producing equipment SSGL-1 purpose – to shred various types of straw and produce pellets for automate large boiler-rooms, combined heat and power (CHP) for the heat supply districts and individual consumer’s trade, also for animal bedding. It is very important to have high-quality, dry, clean material for straw pellets production. Recommended straw moisture level is up to 14%. Pellet production does not require additional binder (except water or humidity from straw).
- Transporter for straw bales (round, quadrate)
- Shredder/ Crusher.
- Hammer mill with stone catcher.
- Cyclones with sluice gates.
- Air filtration equipment.
- Electricity control boxes (2 units).
- Pellet press OGM-1, 5A (equipment set)
- Packing into Big Bags equipment.
- EKO filters
Straw transporter for straw bales (round, quadrate, diameter up to 1800 mm.) to supply Shredder:
|Capacity, t/h||Up to 1,5|
|Gear motor (with frequency converter) , kW||0,25|
|Overall dimensions, m (length/width/height)||10,8x2,1x2,5|
Shredder for rolls crushing and straw chopping:
|Capacity, t/h||Up to 1,5|
|Total power of motors, kW||42,2|
|Overall dimensions, m (length/width/height)||2,3x2,3x2,7|
Mill with stone catcher designed to mill straw. Stone catcher is mounted before hammer mill intake and prevents from large-scale waste entry into the hammer mill.
|Capacity, t/h||till 1,5|
|El. motor power, kW||55,0|
|Overall dimensions, m (length/width/height)||2,1x0,97x1,2|
Material settling/air-cleaning equipment:
|Cyclone-settler, kW||1,5 (sluice gate)|
|Cyclone for secondary dust and material settling, kW||0,75 (sluice gate)|
|Cyclone for cooling and collecting of crumbles and dust, kW||11,00 (ventilator) and 0,75 (sluice gate)|
Cyclone with sluice gate puts-down grinded raw material and dust to the screw transporter. The cyclone body has a door for control of material moving process.
EKO filter (long lasting dust collection bags with the case fastening belts and special grips). Used for secondary dust settling and final air cleaning.
|Bags for dust collecting, bags per unit||4|
|Overall dimensions, m (length/width/height)||3,8/0,7/3,6|
Electricity control panels (2 units).
Controls all the processes of equipment. Manual or automatic modes are available.
Pellet press OGM-1.5A produces pellets using grinded raw material. Equipment set includes: pellet press with ring die and rollers, screw transporter, bunker, mixer, elevator, cooler, sorter, cyclone, filter EKO, water supply system, ladders, automatic roller lubrication system, set of metal pipes and corrugated hoses.
straw, manure, husk
grass meal, combined fodder, sugar beet pulps
|El. motors total power, kW||98,5|
|Diameter of pellets, mm||1,8-14|
|Length of pellets, mm||10-100|
|Overall dimensions, m (length/width/height)||4,1/3,8/5,7|
Equipment for packing into Big Bags
Include: belt transporter and bunker. Pellets are supplied to the bunker (capacity of 3,3 m3). Bunker has a manual valve and electronic platform scales (the results are shown on electronic display).
|El. power, kW||1,5|
|Overall dimensions, m (length/width/height)||5,9x0,34x0,4|
Automatic lubrication pump for rollers.
There is a possibility to install additional equipment for inserting of additional materials, to add computerized monitoring of engine work, computerize and automate other processes according to customer request.
Straw bales, with the help of transporter, come to the shredder. There they are shredded to 10-90mm length pieces. Through the stone catcher, shredded material is delivered to the hammer mill by a screw transporter. It grinds the material to 1-3 mm fraction and blows it into the cyclone-settler. Dust goes out from the cyclones to the air filtration equipment. From the cyclone-settler, grinded straw enter screw transporter, then bunker, from which, through batcher and mixer - to the pellet press OGM-1,5A. Material, with the help of the rollers, is pressed through the rotating ring die(matrix) holes and pellets are formed. On the outer side of the ring die, a knife cut off the pellets at the desired length. After extrusion pellets reach 90-100°C temperature and are transported into the cooler, where their temperature goes down to 25°C. This sets up the lignin and hardens the product, and contributes to maintain its quality during storage and handling. Finally it is screened, so as to separate the residual fines which are generally re-used in the process. Dust free pellets are then ready for storage, fed into the packaging equipment and packed in to big bags (600-1200 kg).
Benefits of pellets made by our press:
- strong and tight
- no-waste process
- no additional binders other than water
- up to five times higher energy value than raw not pressed material
- simpler maintenance
- longer possibility to store pellets without the threat of decay
- takes up less space
- suitable for use in communal services and private homes
- long burning time
- low ash content
- convenient to use
- convenient transportation
Pellets are used as:
- combined heat and power (CHP) for the heat supply districts
- boiler housing and communal services
- in cauldrons and fireplaces for heating of private houses
- bedding in the stables, farms
- fortified feed for farm animals
- amplifier of the fertilizer
- absorbent for the toilet domestic animals
- absorbent for industrial filters
- to collect and remove oil from the surface of the ground and water when they spill
- for the production of heat-insulating building materials
- for the production of porous bricks.
- Straw shredding and pellet producing equipment set installed capacity does not exceed 200 kW.
- Straw shredding and pellet producing equipment set has got national certificate in 21/03/2011. The Straw Crushing line SSL –1 was issued Equivalent Certificate Nr. 0735.
- Pellet press OGM-1,5A has got national certificate in 27/04/2011 . Equivalent Certificate Nr.0750 for the pellet press OGM-1,5A was issued.
- Laboratories have observed straw pellets calorific value - 4111 Kcal/kg, density – 610,7 kg/m³.
- The records are matching wood pellets calorific value and density.
|Elemets %||Range %||Average %|
Recommended room’s characteristics for the straw shredding and pellet producing equipment set:
Rooms for the straw storage has to be covered, must have entrance, which width is not less than 3000 mm, height – 4000 mm.
The dimensions of the building, required for SSGL-1 installation, if the equipment is installed in one line:
- Length – 24 m;
- Width – 8 m;
- Height – 6 m.
The burning of biomass pellets causes zero CO2 emission. This is due to the fact that the plant, during its growth, absorbs as much carbon dioxide, as is fed into the atmosphere during burning. The ash from burning pellets can be used as a mineral fertilizer, due to its high content of elements vital for plant growth.
|The characteristics of straw pellet as fuel|
We are offering full project, starting from drawing the foundation scheme, assembly, training and post warranty repair.