J.U.M. - Model 109L - Heated Non Methane/ Methane/ Total Hydrocarbon FID Analyzer
The J.U.M 109L is a heated FID analyzer to continuously and simultaneously measure the Methane concentration, the Total Hydrocarbon concentration and the Non Methane concentration within a gaseous sample. The 109L is a table top or 19 inch rack mount Heated FID analyzer for the NMHC measurement in ambient air, exhaust gases from a combustion process e.g. stack emissions, from any type of an industrial vent, from an internal combustion engine, or from any other emission containing hydrocarbons. The 109L can be used as a table top or rack mount analyzer. It fully complies with EN 12619, EN 13526, QAL 1 (EU), with 2. BImSchV, 13. BImSchV and 17. BImSchV, (Germany) and with EPA Method 25A and Method 503 (USA).
- Made in Germany
- All critical components including pumps, sample filters, detectors and main electronics are manufactured in house
- Dual detector/ dual electrometer design
- Fully heated to 190 degree C
- Equipped with zero and span gas inlets to be selected from internal selector or from remote sources. Auto cal check optional
- Typical sensitivity 0.01 ppm CH4
- 21/2 digit LED display. Optional direct concentration display to read up to 3 decade ranges without range change
- Internal sample pump and air pump
- Internal combustion air supply (No external air cylinder needed)
- Very low fuel consumption (less than 20 cc/min @ 100% H2)
- Disposable sample filter in rear panel
- Automatic ignite capability (optional)
- Automatic flame out alarm contact and fuel shut off
- Sample pressure regulator not in contact with sample gas
- Multiple range capability, 5 selectable ranges are standard
- 19' rack mount unit, 221 mm high
- Optimization of natural gas fired baking ovens and other furnaces
- Gas purifying system monitoring
- Stack gases (CEM) and all other Environmental and process applications
- Air and gas scrubber efficiency
- Process chemical gas analysis
- Personnel safety
- Solvent recovery
- Catalytic converter and thermal combustor testing
- Automotive catalyst and engine emissions
- Fence line (perimeter) monitoring
The J.U.M. Engineering HFID Model 109L is a competitively priced, compact table top or 19' rack mount, heated Non Methane Hydrocarbon analyzer for the measurement in ambient air, air emissions and other gases.
With the exception of the sample filter, the 109L is 100% compatible with our successful long standing model 109A.
Two hydrogen flame ionization detectors (FID) are used in a heated oven to prevent the loss of high molecular weight hydrocarbons during measurement and to provide reliable performance in the analysis of both, low and high level concentrations.
All sample wetted components are integrated into the heated chamber. The heated sample filter is easily accessible via three screws on the rear panel. No special tools are required for the sample filter changes.
Low cost of ownership: Very low fuel gas consumption. The combustion air supply for the FID-detector is built in. No external cylinder for synthetic combustion air is needed.
The Flame Ionization Detection (FID) method is used to determine the presence of total hydrocarbon concentrations in a gaseous sample:
Burning hydrocarbon-free hydrogen in hydrocarbon-free air produces a negligible number of ions.
Once a sample containing hydrocarbons is introduced into this flame a very complex ionization process is started. This process creates a large number ions. A high polarizing voltage is applied between the two electrodes around the burner nozzle and produces an electrostatic field. Now negative ions migrate to the collector electrode and positive ions migrate to the high voltage electrode. The so generated ionization current between the two electrodes is directly proportional to the hydrocarbon concentration in the sample that is burned by the flame. This signal is measured and amplified by our electrometer-unit.
One of the two sample capillaries is connected in series to a high temperature catalyst module. This catalyst oxidizes all hydrocarbons except the methane. Both detectors are connected to individual electrometer amplifiers. From these two signals, total hydrocarbons from the detector without the catalyst and methane only from the detector with the catalyst, the non methane hydrocarbon signal is generated via a differential amplifier, resulting in the three continuous simultaneous signals displayed on individual digital meters.
- Method of analysis: Flame Ionization Detector
- Sensitivity: Max 1 ppm ChUfull scale
- Response Time: 90% full scale in >1 second (THC), >45 seconds (CH4, NMHC), synchronizing for both channels optional; >45s
- Zero drift: <15% full scale / 24h
- Span drift: <15% full scale / 24h
- Linearity: Up to 10000ppm within 1% FSD
- Oxygen synergism: < 15% FSD
- Measuring ranges (ppm): 0-10,100, 1000, 10000, 100000, others on request
- Analog outputs: 3xO-10VDC
- Display: 3x3 1/2 digital
- Sample pump: approx 25 l/min capacity @ operating temp
- Zero / span adjust: Manual on front panel
- Fuel consumption: 100% H2 approx 40 ml/min @ 15 bar (22 psig)
- Fuel consumption: 40%H2/60%He approx 180 ml/ min @ 15 bar (22 psig)
- Burner air consumption: built in burner air supply
- Oven temperature: 190°C(374°F)
- Power requirements: either 230VAC/50HZ, 1250 W or 115VAC/60HZ, 1250W
- Ambient temperature: 5-43°C(41-110°F)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 19' (483 mm) x 460 mm x 221 mm
- Weight: approx 25 kg (55 lb)
J.U.M. reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to change specifications presented in this data sheet and assumes no responsibility for the application or use of the devices described herein.
- AMU 9: Automatic range selection
- AZM9: Automatic flame ignition and re-ignition
- ENGA9: 3 direct reading engineering unit displays, 0-100.000 units, e,g, ppm. Overlaps 3 measuring ranges. Range change may not become necessary
- FOAS9: Flame out control with automatic fuel shut off valve
- MBP9: Integrated bypass pump
- PDA 9: Sample pressure monitor with alarm
- RCC9: Remote control range selection
- TPR9: EXTERNAL temperature controller for heated sample line, e.g. JUM TJ100
Availability of options may change unannounced! Please contact us before specifying your purchase order.