J.U.M. - Model OVF-3000 - Portable Heated Total Hydrocarbon Analyzer
The J.U.M OVF-3000 Portable Heated Total Hydrocarbon Analyzer is a light weight, over the shoulder portable heated FID analyzer to continuously measure the total concentration of hydrocarbons within a gaseous sample. This can be ambient air, exhaust gases from a combustion process e.g. stack emissions, from any type of an industrial vent, from an internal combustion engine, or from any other emission containing hydrocarbons. The standard OVF-3000 is equipped with our new low pressure metal hydrid fuel storage system which is good for continuous operation for 50 hours. Fuel Storage can be safely refilled by the user. It fully complies with EN 12619, EN 13526, QAL 1 (EU), with 2. BImSchV, 13. BImSchV and 17. BImSchV, (Germany) and with EPA Method 25A and Method 503 (USA). It is ideally suited to be used in all stack emissions applications.
- Light weight, internal fuel storage, easy to operate
- Made in Germany
- All critical components including pumps, sample filters, detectors and main electronics are manufactured in house
- Fully heated to 180 degree C
- Typical sensitivity 0.01 ppm CH4
- 21/2 digit LED display. Optional direct concentration display to read up to 3 decade ranges without range change
- Internal sample pump and air pump
- Optional 50 liter metal hydrid low pressure fuel storage cartridge, good for 50 hours of uninterrupted measurements
- Very low fuel consumption (less than 20 cc/min @ 100% H2)
- Internal combustion air supply (No external air cylinder needed)
- Disposable sample filter in front panel
- Automatic flame out alarm contact and fuel shut off
- Sample pressure regulator not in contact with sample gas
- Multiple range capability, 5 selectable ranges are standard
- Stack gas emissions and all other Environmental and process applications
- Air and gas scrubber efficiency
- Process chemical gas analysis
- Personnel safety
- Solvent recovery
- Catalytic converter and thermal combustor testing
- Automotive and engine emissions
- Fence line (perimeter) monitoring
The J.U.M. High Temperature Heated FID OVF-3000 is a competitively priced, over the shoulder portable and compact heated FID (HFID) total hydrocarbon analyzer for high accuracy, sensitivity and stability.
The Model OVF-3000 uses our long time proven VentDown° hydrogen Flame Ionization Detector (FID). Including the detector and sample filter- and pump, all parts which come in contact with sample are housed in a 180°C heated oven. This prevents the loss of high molecular weight hydrocarbons to ensure true results, fast response, fast set back to zero and very reliable performance in the analysis of low trace level, to high level total carbon concentrations of contaminants in stack emissions, vehicle emissions, process gases, air and other gases.
The disposable heated sample filter is easily accessible in the front panel. No special tools are required for a quick, safe and easy sample filter change. All sample wetted components are integrated into the heated chamber.
The OVF-3000 uses a new high tech, low pressure solid metal fuel storage system which is kept inside of the hinged cover. The user can safely, legally and easily refill the fuel cartridge himself at low pressures from any hydrogen bottle.
Low cost of ownership. Very low fuel gas consumption. The combustion air supply for the FID-detector is already built in.
No external burner air generator or external high pressure cylinder for synthetic burner air is needed. No more dangerous refilling of high pressure cylinder for hydrogen is needed.
The Flame Ionization Detection (FID) method is used to determine the presence of total hydrocarbon concentrations in a gaseous sample. Burning hydrocarbon-free hydrogen in hydrocarbon-free air produces a negligible number of ions.
Once a sample containing hydrocarbons is introduced into this flame a very complex ionization process is started. This process creates a large number ions. A high polarizing voltage is applied between the two electrodes around the burner nozzle and produces an electrostatic field. Now negative ions migrate to the collector electrode and positive ions migrate to the high voltage electrode. The so generated ionization current between the two electrodes is directly proportional to the hydrocarbon concentration in the sample that is burned by the flame. This signal is measured and amplified by our electrometer-unit.
A sample pressure regulator provides a controlled back pressure at the sample capillary which gives admittance of a constant sample flow rate to the burner. This technique without the conventional back pressure regulator is used by J.U.M. Engineering for over 30 years to provide the highest possible sample flow rate stability and lowest maintenance. Our compactly designed flow control module for controlling the fuel and air flow rates via needle valves use high precision pressure regulators. The needle valves are factory adjusted and sealed to ensure the optimization of the burner.
- Method of analysis: Heated Flame Ionization Detector (HFID)
- Sensitivity: Max 1ppm CH4 full scale (100 ppb ldl)
- Response time: 02 seconds
- Tsotime: 12 seconds
- T90 time with 8 meters of heated line with probe and filter: less than 8 seconds
- Zero drift:
- Span drift:
- Linearity: Up to 10000 ppm within 1% FSD
- Oxygen synergism: <15%FSD
- Measuring ranges (ppm): 0-10,100, 1000, 10000, 100000,
- Signal outputs: RS 232, 0-10 VDC and 4-20 mA
- Display: 6 digit 24 bit direct ppm or mgC/m3 reading. No range change required for up to 3 ranqe decades
- Sample pump: approx 25 l/min capacity @ 180°C
- Sample filter: disposable, 2pm inorganically bonded micro fiber cartridge
- Zero and span adjust: Manual on front panel
- FID ignition: Long life low voltage igniter
- Fuel storage: 50 liter, low pressure, solid metal hydrid hydrogen storage cartridge Max 30 bar
- Fuel consumption 100% H2: approx 20 ml/min
- Burner air consumption: 170 ml/min: built in burner air generator, no extra cylinder needed
- Oven temperature: 180°C
- Temperature control: u-processor PID controller
- Power requirements: either 230VAC/50HZ, 600 W or 115VAC/60HZ, 600 W
- Ambient temperature: 5-43°C(41-110°F)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 445 mm x 220 mm x 350 mm
- Weight: approx 12 kg
J.U.M. reserves the right to make improvements on the product described in this brochure at any time without prior notice. Information provided in this brochure is subject to be changed without notice.
- RCIO 3000: 0-20 mA analog output, galvanically isolated, instead of standard 4-20 mA
- RCI4 3000: 4-20 mA analog output, galvanically isolated, instead of standard 4-20 mA
- TPR 3000: External temperature controller for heated sample line, e.g. JUM TJ100
- ECB 3000: Calibration adapter box to be mounted on heated line inlet or sample inlet. Adjusted for a 1 bar calibration gas pressure.