KALCOR-S - Zirconium Corundum Lining
The demands on wear protection materials continues to evolve as are adapted to specific application conditions. KALCOR-S material has been engineered for good abrasion resistance and high temperature resistance up to 1,250°C / 2,282°F. It is produced by cold forming aluminum oxide and zirconium oxide raw materials into tiles, shaped elements and cylinders and then sintering. This allows the production of elements tailored to a variety of system component geometries.
- Sintered material made of aluminum oxide and zirconium oxide for components that are subject to both severe wear and high temperatures.
- Application temperature: up to approximately 1,250°C / 2,282°F – depending on the specific service conditions and geometry.
- Installation: cylinders and special shapes are laid in cement mortar or special adhesives. Mechanical fixing systems are feasible in other cases.
- Advantages: highly wear resistant, temperature resistant, good thermal shock resistance.
Advantages of KALCOR-S:
- Very hard and abrasion resistant
- Zirconium-corundum material
- Practically free of voids
- Pipe diameters between 2' (50 mm) and 20' (500 mm)
- Thin walls cylinders at 1/2'
- Maximum application temperature 1,250°C / 2,282°F
- Wide range of geometries
- Good thermal shock resistance