KALOCER - Model TWC - Protects Material Handling Equipment
KALOCER TWC is a two-part trowelable epoxy repair compound containing 50% by volume sapphire hard (9 mohs) alumina ceramic beads (Al2O3) and silicon carbide particles. Easy to mix and apply, the thixotropic paste is self curing. KALOCER TWC can be used as a protective coating or to repair worn areas in material handling equipment or components conveying abrasive materials.
Application temperature: up to 232°C / 450°F depending on application and geometry.
- Read the product label and the material safety data sheet
- furnished with TWC.
- Clean surfaces before applying. Dirt, oil, water, scale, ice,
- or wax will prevent adhesion.
- Mix thoroughly with a spatula. Using a plastic container for mixing retains heat better. The pot life is about 30 minutes.
- Spread and smooth KALOCER TWC by drawing a trowel moistened with solvent or water across the surface of the uncured compound.
- Clean tools and equipment with solvent before TWC cures.
- Cure time is 4 to 5 hours. Cure can be accelerated by warming with a heat gun. (Altering the A:B ratio will not make the epoxy cure faster.) Cold temperatures will slow or retard the cure and thicken the paste. In colder temperatures, warm mixture to 24C° / 75°F before applying. In hot environments, mix smaller quantities.
- Applications up to 232°C / 450°F.
- Good thermal shock and chemical resistance.
- Self cures in 4 to 5 hours at 24°C / 75°F.
- Apply in temperatures above 4°C / 40°F.
- Adheres to metals, fiberglass, concrete, wood, and ceramic tiles.
- Use on elbows, chutes, feeders, pump casings, ducts, cyclones, fans, mill linings, housings, and hoppers.
- Available in a 13.6 kilogram / 30 lb kit and a 2.72 kilogram / 6 lb trial size.