The new Multidrive FC is fitted with a John Deere 195hp 6 cylinder 6.8L PowerTech engine. Rigorously tested by John Deere’s installation engineers, a new cooling pack reduces power requirements to give improved fuel economy and reduced noise levels. A reversible cooling fan can be used to blow out any build up of dust in the radiator.
A ZF fully automatic transmission provides 6 forward and 3 reverse speeds, with single lever control, shuttle shift capability and manual override.The torque converter is equipped with lockup in all forward gears.
Multidrives are purpose-built for comfort, visibility, and ease-of-use with a tinted glass 360-degree cab, high-visibility multi-functional display units, and ergonomic control console layout.
Axles & Suspension
Rugged mechanical axles (equipped with electronic diff locks) provide safe 50km/h road speed and come with none of the reliability concerns associated with hydraulic wheel motors. Front and rear load compensating air suspension comes as standard, providing an excellent ride in the field and on the road, both when fully laden or empty.
Dual circuit inboard wet brakes provide more than enough braking capacity to stop the fully laden Multidrive FC quickly and safely. Braking is further improved by the machines excellent weight distribution whilst tank baffles prevent liquid surge under braking. Pentatonic all wheel steering with “on the move” engage/disengage ensures there is control for any situation. Modes include 2 wheel, 4 wheel, delay and crab steer.
The Multidrive Generation III cab provides a 360 degree field of view. Climate contolled air conditioning and carbon filters, ensures the operator is comfortable in all conditions.
Robust Stainless Steel Tank
3000-5000 litre stainless steel spray tank with 500 litres of clean water capacity. Located between the axles for perfect weight distribution, all Chafer tanks are extremely durable and stable thanks to their stainless steel construction and internal baffles. Stainless steel provides a perfectly smooth nonporous surface which reduces the build up of chemical residue. This minimises the time taken and the amount of liquid required when rinsing.
Utilising a high capacity centrifugal pump, 3” suction and 2” pressure plumbing, the Multidrive has the ability to achieve both high rate liquid fertiliser applications and low rate precision chemical applications.
The Multidrive’s weight-efficient design, air suspension and positive mechanical drive delivers superior safety, productivity and fuel efficiency compared with traditional, hydrostatic machines.
The Multidrive F380 is available with boom widths ranging from 24-40 metres. Both the bi-fold and triple fold booms are well proven and have helped hundreds of growers maximise their crop potential, through fewer crop wheelings, minimised compaction and more timely spray applications. Chafer Contour Automatic boom levelling is available as an option.
In addition to the Multidrive’s air suspension, the booms are equipped with suspension and damping for bounce, yaw and tilt, protecting the boom and providing a stable ride in all field conditions.
The Multidrive F380 unit can be fitted with either a Chafer Spray pack or a granular fertiliser spreader equipped with its own bag lift.These units can be swapped quickly using a set of demount legs (optional).
Automatic Spray controller
A choice of automatic spray rate controls and GPS guidance systems are available on the Multidrive, offering auto section control, guidance, variable rate application and auto steer are specifiable options, allowing ever increasing accuracy and automation.
- 3.8 metre wheel base
- Purpose built ladder type with DOMEX high tensile steel C-Sections & bolted cross members
- 6-point quick-attach implement mounting system
- John Deere 6-cylinder 6.8 litre PowerTech with reversible hydraulic fan with reverse for cleaning
- 195 hp/144 kw @ 2000 r.p.m
- 785Nm/579 lb/ft @ 1500 r.p.m
- ZF 6WG160 fully automatic with torque converter lock-up & manual over-ride
- Six forward & three reverse gears operated with single lever control
- Electrically operated 2/4WD select
- Lockable centre diff and parking brake
- Heavy duty front and rear steering with switch operated differential locks
- Planetary reduction hubs and dual circuit power operated multi-plate oil immersed brakes
- 72” – 80” track
- Pentronic 5-function Four-Wheel-Steering system
- 2WS, 4WS,
- Crab, Delay-1 & Delay-2
- A-frame trailing arm front and H-frame trailing arm rear
- Load sensitive air suspension front & rear
- Heavy duty shock absorbers
- Load sensing 45cc + 33cc gear pump. PTO output with in-cab controls
- 1 x D/A spool valve, diverter valve & kit to suit implement electro-hydraulic system
- Side mounted oil tank with filter & gauge
- Generation III front-mounted cab with all-round tinted glass for panoramic vision
- Climate controlled air conditioning with carbon filters
- Stereo/CD player
- KAB air suspension seat with lap belt & arm rests
- Adjustable steering column
- AMC digital dash instrument display
- Control console with 12v power socket for implement control gear
- Buddy seat and storage locker
- 6 LED work lights
- Aerolite twin LED flashing beacon
- Large electrically adjustable side mirrors on adjustable arms
- Wide/deep anti-slip access steps
- Engine cover with gullwing side access panels
- 7.5 cfm Air compressor kit – side mounted air tank & dryer system
- 300 litre side mounted fuel tank
- Front & rear road lights
- Front mudguards
- 7-pin trailer lighting socket at rear
Tyre & fixed center wheels
- Michelin Multibib 540/65 R30
- Michelin Axiobib 620/75 R30
- Michelin Axiobib 650/75 R30
- Michelin MachXbib 710/55 R30
- Alliance 385 18.4 R34
- Michelin Multibib 600/65 R34
- Michelin Agribib 380/90 R46
- Michelin SprayBib 380/90 R46
- Uprated hydraulic systems and oil coolers.
- Additional hydraulic spool valves.
- Range of drawbars or hydraulic pick-up hitches.
- Hydraulic and/or air trailer brake systems.
- Alternative mudguards to suit particular wheels & tyres.
- Galvanized chassis finish.
- Stainless steel fuel & hydraulic tanks.
- 10,000kg including implement & product
- 18,000kg Hauling Capacity
- 50 km/h maximum