The Multidrive World Series cab provides the operator with a large, comfortable working environment. The unit is controlled and analysed through the AMC panel on the right hand side of the operator, with precise fingertip controls for the mounted implement within easy reach.
On the road
Using a John Deere 6 cylinder 266hp engine means the M550 is both powerful and economical. The engine is linked to an 11 speed power shift gearbox, with power transferred to the mechanical drive axles, which are equipped with independent hydraulic brakes. Add this to load sensitive air suspension and the results are a safe and comfortable 50km/h on the road, with the ability to carry up to 14 tonnes.
In the field
The benefits of a six wheel vehicle over a four wheel vehicle include the ability to carry the additional weight on a relatively narrow tyre The large diameter tyre and the additional axle of the M550 means the weight can be carried comfortably even at high working and road speeds. For low ground pressure applications wider tyres can be also used.
The driven third axle of the M550 results in unrivalled traction and low ground pressure making it ideal for applications such as slurry or litter disposal in winter conditions.
The M550 offers an unequalled pay load area with 4.8 metres of usable space with up to a 14 tonne load capability making it an ideal high capacity material hauler. The M550 can be specified with a demount load bed which can either be tipped or dropped off - empty or fully loaded.
Created as a purpose-built specialist load carrier and hauler, the Multidrive M550 boasts a high payload to unladen weight ratio; high-volume carrying capacity, and a smooth and efficient mechanical power transfer system.
- Up to 14 tonnes payload on a true flat-bed.
- 18 tonnes, legal trailer hauling at 50 km/h
- Can carry and haul simultaneously
Featuring the proven John Deere PowerTech engine, Multidrive vehicles offer an exceptional combination of power, strength and high torque reserves while still delivering impressive fuel efficiency.
- High torque, John Deere 6 cylinder 266hp engine.
- Funk DF250 Automatic gearbox with power transferred to mechanical drive axles.
- 50 km/h road speed
- Full trailing arm suspension to front and rear axles with load sensitive air suspension
Multidrive machines can be equipped with a comprehensive range of optional equipment, transforming them into truly multi-purpose power plants. Options include: Multidrive demounted sprayers and spreaders and a growing range of crop protection and ancillary equipment created by approved suppliers.
- Wide choice of wheel/tyre combinations from 380mm to 750mm wide flotation, row crop or radials.
- 6-pin, detachable frame system integrates with a wide variety of spraying and spreading packs.
- Towbar and optional outboard hydraulic linkage.
- Automatic pick-up hitch.
- Choice of PTO systems.
Heavy duty front, centre and rear steering axles are specified to provide safe and reliable carriage of heavy loads. Strong differentials and four planet hub reduction gears are used to enable full engine power to be transmitted reliably and consistently to the wheels.
- Easy to operate
- Pentronic 6-wheel, 4 mode steering system
- Low ground pressure
- High traction 6 wheel drive
- High manoeuvrability
- Ground-hugging suspension system
Inboard oil immersed multi-plate disc brakes ensure safe, reliable and powerful braking whilst carrying or hauling the largest of loads.
- Full roll-over protective cage with side escape door
- Automatic, adaptive transmission
- Independent hydraulic power braking to all axles
- Disc parking brake with fully laden holding capability on a 50 per cent incline
- Unique easy-access engine compartment
The World Series safety cab with tinted glazing, provides excellent protection with panoramic vision. An efficient climate control air conditioning system enhances comfort and productivity.
- Ergonomically designed cab layout
- Outstanding visibility
- Climate control air conditioning
- Load sensitive air suspension
- 5.5 metre wheel base
- Purpose built ladder type with DOMEX high tensile steel C-Sections & bolted cross members
- 6-point quick-attach implement mounting system
- John Deere 6-cylinder 6.8 litre PowerTech
- 266 hp/196 kw @ 2000 r.p.m
- 1025 Nm/756 lb/ft @ 1500 r.p.m
- Funk DF250 11 speed with fully automatic or manual power shift modes.
- Single lever control with shuttle shift capability. Inching pedal for precise manoeuvrability
- Electrically operated 2/4/6WD select
- Lockable centre diff and parking brake
- 7.5 cfm air compressor unit - side mounted air tank and drier system
- Heavy-duty front, middle and rear steering with switch operated differential locks
- Planetary reduction hubs and dual circuit power operated multi-plate oil immersed brakes
- 72” – 80” track (1.8 - 2.0m)
- Pentronic 4-function Six-Wheel-Steering system
- 2WS, 6WS
- Delay-1 & Delay-2
- A-frame trailing arm front and leading arm middle with H-frame trailing arm rear
- Load sensitive air suspension
- Heavy-duty shock absorbers
- Load sensing 45cc + 33cc gear pump. PTO output with in-cab controls
- 1 x D/A spool valve, diverter valve & kit to suit implement electro-hydraulic system
- Side mounted oil tank with filter & gauge.
- World series mid-mounted cab with all-round tinted glass for panoramic vision
- Climate controlled air conditioning
- Stereo/CD player
- KAB suspension seat with lap belt & arm rests
- Adjustable steering column
- AMC digital dash instrument display
- Control console for implement control gear
- Buddy seat
- Work lights
- Aerolite twin LED flashing beacon
- Large side mirrors on adjustable arms
- Wide/deep anti-slip access steps
- 2-stage easy access/hinged bonnet assembly
- Stainless steel exhaust pipe
- 300 litre side mounted fuel tank
- Front & rear road lights
- Front mudguards
- 7-pin trailer lighting socket at rear
Tyre & fixed center wheels
- Michelin Axiobib 620/75 R30
- Michelin Axiobib 650/75 R30
- Michelin Multibib 600/65 R34
- Michelin Agribib 380/90 R46
- Michelin SprayBib 380/90 R46
- Uprated hydraulic systems and oil coolers
- Additional hydraulic spool valves
- Range of drawbars or hydraulic pick-up hitches
- Hydraulic and/or air trailer brake systems
- Alternative mudguards to suit particular wheels & tyres
- Instrument mounting bracket – in cab
- KAB Air suspension seat
- Carbon cab filters (in-lieu of standard card filters)
- Bolt on step extension
- Rear screen wipe/wash
- Galvanized chassis finish
- Stainless steel fuel & hydraulic tanks
- 14,000kg including implement & product
- 24,000kg gross train weight, up to 12,000kg Hauling Capacity
- 50 km/h maximum
Spray tank: 9,000-litre capacity, fitted with dry sight gauge and adjustable agitation.
Wash system: 900-litres clean water for tank with three internal tank wash nozzles. Retractable hose reel and gun for external washing.
Booms: 36m aluminium booms, tri-fold, pantograph height control and suspension. Hydraulic anti-yaw system. Variable geometry.
Spray lines: Stainless steel spraylines with triplet nozzle bodies spaced at 0.5m. Wide range of spray nozzles available.
Boom circulation: Fitted with Kellands 'Circu-flo' boom re-circulation system. Unique circulation system ensures spraylines are full of chemical before spraying. Whilst spraying, the spraylines are pressurised from both ends of each individual section ensuring even pressure distribution and nozzle output. Circu-flo also ensures thorough sprayline and pipework rinsing or cleaning.
Section controls: 9-section with quick-acting air shut-offs. Pressure controlled by Ramsay air diaphragm controller.
Spray controller: Teejet Aeros rate control with field mapping, auto boom shut-off, tank level, and optional self-steering.
Chemical inductor: 30-litre and fitted with can rinse and powder incorporation 'jet'. Mounted on hydraulic pantograph arms.
Controls: Pressure and suction side controlled by 5-way electro-ball valves. Both valves and filling point mounted at rear of sprayer to keep pipework and therefore rinsings to a minimum. Single, simple rotary switch control, accessible from inside and outside the cab.
Pump: High output centrifugal pump rated at 800Lpm for filling. Bleed system from clean water tank for priming. Auto boom levelling. Foam bout marker. 450 Lpm diaphragm pump in lieu of centrifugal.
Optional equipment: Additional centrifugal, high-output filling pump. Rear boom lights and cameras. Automatic tank fill. Alternative rate controllers.