Kintech Engineering - Geovane metmast
A patented invention that finally solves the inherent uncertainties in wind direction measurements. By adding a Geovane to your wind measurement campaign configuration you will get the most accurate wind direction data available on the market today. Guaranteed!
A patented invention that finally solves the inherent uncertainties in wind direction measurements. Given the impact incorrect wind direction measurements have, the updated IEC-61400.12.1 (2017) now requires complete assessment of wind direction measurement uncertainties. The Geovane enables you to do exactly that!
Being equipped with high-resolution optoelectronic sensors, composed of 1024 photo sensing pixels, the Geovane uses the Sun to measure the True North offset of sensor coupled to it, resulting in more accurate direction measurements than ever possible before.
The True North wind vane offset is obtained by comparing the theoretical solar azimuth angle calculated by the Geovane’s embedded processing unit with the observed azimuth value read by its built-in photo sensing pixels. The Geovane offers three type of outputs: frequency, analog voltage and digital over a RS-485 serial interface. By adding a Geovane to your wind measurement campaign configuration you will get the most accurate wind direction data available on the market today. Guaranteed!
M.O.E as an accredited IEC/ISO 17025 test lab was requested by Kintech Engineering to carry out a thorough validation with respect to the Geovane accuracy. The tests prove that the Geovane allows to consistently determine the true orientation of a wind vane with an uncertainty less than 1º.
- CHARACTERISTIC : DESCRIPTION
- Operating voltage : 6… 30V
- Measurement rate : 1s, 10s, 30s, 60s
- Consumption : 5mA at 12V and 10s (1.5mA at night)
- Measurement range : 0… 360°
- Reference : Geographic North (True North)
- Field of View (FOV) : 360° (azimuth)
- Accuracy (3σ) : <1.0°
- Resolution : <0.06°
- Digital output : RS-485 (9600, 8N1)
- Frequency output : 10… 130Hz, push-pull 0-5V square wave with 220Ω series resistance
- Analog output : 12-bit resolution 0.5… 4.5V
- Temperature range : -25… 85°C
- Weight : 0.815Kg (with wind vane adaptor)
- Dimensions : 163 x Ø80mm (without adaptor)
- Mounting : Onto mast tube Ø34mm