Kintech Engineering - Soiling Measurement Kit For Operational and Site Assessment
The Soiling Measurement Kit supplied by Kintech Engineering allows users to estimate the site-specific effects of soiling on PV modules.
What is Soiling loss? This term refers to the power lost due to snow, dirt, dust and other particles that cover the PV module surface.
The short-circuit current, essential characteristic of the PV panels, is proportional to the PV panels effective radiation. By comparing the short circuit current of a “clean“ PV panel to the “soiled“ PV panel, and compensating for PV panel temperature we can estimate the exact effect of soiling.
The output data from the PV panels and temperature sensors is fully compatible with the analog input channels on the Orbit 360 data logger. Once the dataset has been downloaded, a dedicated Python script calculates the exact soiling ratio between “dirty“ panel and “clean“ panel and automatically adds a new data column in your dataset.
- Two 10W-monocrystalline-PV panels from the same production lot*
- High precision temperature sensors (preinstalled on the back of the PV panels)
- High precision current measurement sensors
- Support bracket for PV panels (adjustable)
- Cabling (for solar panel and temperature sensors)
- Dedicated Python Script
- Data Logger (e.g. Orbit 360)
- Frequent maintenance for cleaning of the “clean” PV panel