Klein - Model UUV 3500 - Deep Dual-Frequency Side Scan Sonar System
From the experience of over 50 years of sea exploration, Klein offers a line of products rated to 3000 m or 6000 m depth based on its widely successful UUV-3500 side scan sonar payload. The UUV-3500 DEEP operates exclusively with Klein’s proprietary wideband technology providing unmatched side scan range and resolution performance in a low-power, compact and lightweight payload.
The system’s electronics easily integrate into medium to large size AUV platforms and are also available in a watertight pressure housing configuration for ROV, submarine, and tow sled installations. Klein’s ruggedized transducers are designed and built to last and perform in the most demanding environmental conditions. Real-time control and survey data logging, as well as post-survey analysis of the data, can be accomplished using Klein’s SonarPro® software. Alternately, Klein offers a Software Development Kit (SDK) which allows UUV manufacturers and third party software developers the ability to control the sonar directly, record data, as well as display the sonar data using Klein’s proprietary image display engine.
- The Mid-Depth (3000 m) UUV-3500 high resolution, low power consuming, dual-frequency side scan sonar for unmanned underwater vehicles, including AUVs and ROVs. The system is designed to interface easily with a remote AUV host controller or a telemetry interface for an ROV.
- The Deep (6000 m) UUV-3500 high-resolution, high power, dual-frequency side scan sonar for unmanned underwater vehicles, including AUVs and ROVs. The system is designed to interface easily with a remote AUV host controller or a telemetry interface for an ROV.
- The Deep tow sled, a highly configurable vehicle, is designed for seafloor mapping and deep water surveys, search and recovery, habitat, geology & mineral resource mapping, engineering and scientific studies, as well as cable and pipeline route surveys.
- The 6000 m rated UUV-3500 leverages a powerful, wholly FPGA-implemented, multi-channel processing engine. The sonar engine simultaneously optimizes two different and concurrent output data streams for:
- Photo-quality high-resolution side scan imagery
- True dual-frequency simultaneous operation
- Exceptional range performance
- Flexible and robust electronics payload
Solid-State Hard Drive
Software Development Kit (SDK)
Klein Direct Support with System Integration
Towsled System Configuration
- Fiber Optic tow cable
- Survey Operation and Control Lab
- Third Party software for survey data acquisition and mapping
- Interface for Doppler Velocity Logger (DVL)
- Interface for Sub-Bottom Profiler (SBP)
- Interface for Multi-Beam Echo Sounder (MBES)
- Interface for Magnetometer
- Interface for Responder/ Ultra-Short Base Line (USBL) Acoustic Tracking System
- Hydrographic / Geophysical Surveys
- Cable/Pipeline Surveys
- Environmental Assessments
- Small Object Detection
- Mine Countermeasures / Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Surveys