Land - Model 4200 - Non-Compliance Dust Emissions Monitor
Simple, lightweight dust and opacity monitor designed to measure emission levels in combustion processes where regulatory compliance is not required (for sale in Asia only). The 4200 dust and opacity monitor is AMETEK Land’s compact, cost-effective solution for the continuous monitoring of dust, smoke and particulates in a wide range of industrial applications. NOTE: The 4200 is currently available only in Asia.
A lightweight design makes installation and positioning simple, even in challenging applications. The low-maintenance design has no moving parts – ensuring it operates reliably and continuously for immediate cost and performance benefits.
Using a single red LED to effectively monitor hot, dirty or toxic process conditions, 4200 requires only the installation of a transceiver and retro-reflector, fitted either side of the stack. The system alternates between measurement and flood sources to eliminate drift and ensure accuracy.
Ideally suited to multi-process plants with common exhaust stacks, the 4200 is designed for measurements in power generation, minerals, and industrial boilers.
Versatile Application Use
The 4200’s flexible and reliable measurement makes it ideal for use in a range of applications, including particulate removal systems, combustion efficiency monitoring and precipitator power optimisation.
Simple Keypad Control
Easy keypad operation allows straightforward access to the 4200’s functions. Setup, calibration, diagnostic and alarm settings can all be adjusted, providing optimum instrument performance for your process. Measurements can be displayed and output in % opacity or mg/m3.
Customise to Your Process Needs
Extensive accessories enable users to customise the 4200 to their precise process conditions. Options include air blower/mover systems and waterproof covers.
- Small, lightweight and compact - easy to locate and install
- High reliability, low maintenance - no moving parts
- Measurement Output in Opacity or mg/m3 - flexible configuration
- Wide range of optional accessories - configure to meet process needs
- Simple keypad operation - straightforward setup, calibration and diagnostics
Stability and reliability for continuous monitoring.
Proven economical technology for performance optimisation
- Easy to locate and install
- No moving parts during measurement process
- Flexible configuration
- Configure the instrument with various accessories to meet process requirements
- Straightforward setup, calibration and diagnostics
The Model 4200 is a compact smoke, dust and particulate monitor for measuring dust emission concentrations on industrial processes and non-compliance applications. This dust monitor is ideally suited to multiprocess plants with common exhaust stacks.
Simple installation, low maintenance and ease of operation ensure immediate results - vital where performance, cost and compliance benefits are of high priority.
The Model 4200 dust monitor forms part of the highly successful 4000 series range of dust, opacity, smoke and particulate monitoring systems.
The patented dual LED technology of the Model 4200 has proven itself worldwide as stable, reliable and trouble free. The lightweight and compact design makes it ideal for a wide range of applications. Simple installation, low maintenance and ease of operation ensure immediate results - vital where performance, cost and compliance benefits are of high priority.
Particulate measurements are displayed in % opacity or mg/m3. Easy access is provided to all instrument functions, through a removable cover on the Transceiver. All Setup, Calibration, Diagnostics and Alarms settings can be adjusted - to ensure optimum instrument performance.
The cross-stack, double-pass measuring system comprises a transceiver and retro-reflector unit. The transceiver has a high intensity source LED, which sends a beam of light through a diffuser and onto a beam splitter. Half of the light is transmitted via a lens to the retroreflector unit. The light returned is focused on to a measurement detector.
The remaining light reflected by the beam splitter is focused onto a reference detector. The opacity value is calculated from the ratio of the two detected signals.
The instrument alternates between the measurement and flood LEDs every second to eliminate drift and maintain accuracy.
- High Brightness Red LED
- IP65 / NEMA4 enclosure
- Built-in Audit Jig, and Check Reflector
- Optional air-servo operated Fail-safe Shutter
- *Patented ‘flood LED’ technology
- Integral Control Panel
- Technique: Double pass / path transmissometry
- Operating Wavelength: 623 ± 20 nm
- Light source: High intensity red LED
- Ranges: Opacity: 0 - 20 % to 0 - 100%;
- Dust Density: 0 - 100 to 0 to 999 mg/m3
- Linearity: < 2 % of range*
- Resolution: 0.1 % Opacity; 0.1 mg/m3 Dust Density
- Drift: < 3 % of range per month
- Angle of Projection: < 5 °
- Angle of View: < 5 °
- Response Time: 5 seconds to 90 % of final value
- Averaging: Selectable from 1 s to 59 s, 1 min to 59 min, or 1 hr to 8 hrs
- Suitable for Stacks: 0.3 to 9.7 m diameter / 1 to 32 ft
- Flange-to-flange Pathlength: 0.6 to 10 m / 2 to 33 ft
- Calibration: Manual zero & upscale check
- Method: Built-in audit jig
- Dust *Performance reduced for pathlengths : Single calibration constant > 7.5 m / 25 ft
- Display: 4-digit; red LED
- Keypad: 4 keys for data input; easy access via removable cover panel
- Status indicators: System OK, Alarm, DC Power
- Operating Temperature: -20 to +55 °C / -4 to +131 °F
- Max. Flue Gas Temperature: 600 °C / 1112 °F higher temperature available
- Max. Flange Temperature: 200 °C / 400 °F
- Environmental Rating: IP65 / NEMA4
- Conforms to EN 61010
- EMC: Conforms to EN 50 081 and EN 50 082
- Analogue output: 0, 2 or 4-20 mA current loop, fully isolated
- Relay outputs: System OK, High Alarm
- Contact Type/Rating: Isolated changeover contacts rated at 1A@24V d.c., 0.5 A@125 V a.c.
- Power Supply: 90 - 260 V a.c., 50/60Hz, (universal input)
- (additonal for typical purge blower 110 V or 230 V, 50 or 60 Hz, 500 W)
- Power Rating: 5 W
- Air Requirements: (only for air mover option)
- Instrument air: 5 - 8 bar / 75 - 120 psi ; 170 Nl/min / 36 cfm
- Dimensions (H x W x D) Transceiver: 157 x 127 x 404 mm / 6 x 5 x 16 in
- Retro-reflector: 127 x 127 x 200 mm / 5 x 5 x 8 in
- Transceiver: 5 kg / 11 lb
- Retro-reflector: 2 kg / 4.4 lb
- Air Blower/Air Mover: A range of purge air supply options is available
- Fail Safe Shutter: Protects the instrument if the purge air supply fails
- Weather Covers: Additional protection for severe environments
- Data Logger System: Software program for logging and correction of data
- Alignment Tool: Flange mounted light source and target for use during installation
- Calibration Filters: Certified neutral density filters for instrument linearity check
- Particulate Removal System Efficiency Monitoring
- Combustion Efficiency Monitoring
- Evaluation of Control Processes
- Precipitator Power Optimisation
- Baghouse Performance Monitoring
- Power Utilities
- Cement Plants
- Roadstone Plants
- Process Industries
- Road Tunnels (visibility)