Land - Model 4650-PM - Compliance Particulate Matter Monitor
High-sensitivity, forward-scatter laser measurement for particulate matter, for use in combustion processes where condensed water is not present (for sale in the USA and China only). 4650-PM provides the stable, accurate low-range measurement of particulate matter in stacks and ducts where water droplets are not present in the flue gas. NOTE: The 4650-PM is currently available only in the USA and China.
Consisting of a stack-mounted probe and separate control unit, 4650-PM’s forward scattering laser measurement detects particulate matter at low concentrations. This enables closer emissions control, with a more accurate measurement than similar PM monitoring systems.
Maximum measurement stability is achieved through an advanced optical system with a lower angle of incidence than competing systems, resulting in a lower detection limit, while the optics are fixed for measurement reliability.
Ideally suited for use in combustion processes located after the baghouse or electrostatic precipitator, 4650-PM is ideally suited for use in the power generation, glass, industrial boilers, speciality metals and pulp & paper industries.
Meets US EPA Regulations
Meeting US-EPA Performance Specification 11 (PS-11), 4650-PM is suited for users who need to comply with US EPA rules including MATS and Boiler MACT.
4650-PM is controlled via a simple control unit that includes a user interface for power, plus alarm contacts, 24V input, digital inputs, 4-20 mA output, RS232/485 and Data Bus. A multi-controller unit is also available, offering control of up to 4 devices.
Extensive Measurement Range
With the low angle forward-scatter measurement reducing sensitivity to particle size, 4650-PM gives a highly sensitive measurement ranging from 0.01 to 200 mg/m3, in temperatures up to 500 °C (930 °F).
A laser diode light beam is directed through the measurement volume of a probe, positioned in a representative location within the stack. Particles in the stack flow freely through the measurement volume and scatter the laser beam in all directions including a cone of light in the near forward direction.
As particles travel through the laser beam, they scatter light in all directions. The strongest scattering is in the forward direction.
No Moving Parts in Measurement Path
The optical path is fixed for maximum stability and reliability. The only moving part is the automatic calibration device.
Automatic check of zero and upscale calibration.
PM-CEMS OR PM-CPMS
The 4650-PM can be used as either a Continuous Emmissions Monitor (PM-CEMS) or as a continuous parametric monitor (PM-CPMS).
Wide Temperature Range
There are no delicate components in the stack, so the Model 4560-PM can be used in temperatures up to 500 °C (930°F).
Filter audit units allow for periodic linearity checks.
- Large area collection optics
- Low angle forward-scatter measurement
- Wide measurement range
- No moving parts in measurement path
- Wide temperature range
- Built-in data log
- Regulatory compliance
- TCP-IP Ethernet RS485,4-20 mA outputs
- Better detection limit
- Reduced sensitivity to particle size
- Measures concentrations from 0.01 to 200 mg/m3
- Highest stability and reliability
- Standard temperatures up to 250 °C (480 °F) High temperature option up to 500 °C (930 °F)
- Improved data security and troubleshooting
- EPA PS-11, MATS, Boiler MACT; can be used as PM-CEMS or PM-CPMS
- Maximum flexibility and connectivity
The 4560-PM Provides Accurate and Reliable Measurement of Particulate Matter.
The Model 4650-PM uses an improved forward scatter technique to measure particulate matter in stacks and ducts. It features an improved optical system and lower angle of incidence than competing systems, resulting in a lower detection limit and better stability.
The rugged and reliable design is ideal for applications in electricity generation, industrial boilers, glass, cement and metals. It can be installed after a baghouse or electrostatic precipitator.
The Model 4650-PM comprises a stack-mounted probe and a separate control unit which provides power and communications as well as a user-interface.
Two control units are available. The Single controller supports one probe and has a single 4-20 mA output. The Multi controller supports multiple probes and provides four 4-20 mA outputs.
- Measuring Technique: Forward-scatter Optical Detection
- Light Source: Diode Laser 650 nm. Class 3R
- Measurement Range: 0-15mg / m3 to 0-200 mg / m3
- Detection Limit: < 0.1 mg / m3
- Operating Temperature: -20 ° C to 50 °C / -4 °F to 122 °F
- Max. Flue Gas Temperature: 250 °C (480 °F) standard; 500 °C (930 °F) with high temperature option
- Insertion Depth: 550 mm (21.7 in.)
- Stack Mounting Flange: DN80 PN10/16 or 3 in. 150 lb ANSI; minimum hole diameter 88 mm (3.5 in.)
- Materials: Enclosure: Powder-coated aluminum
- Probe: 316 stainless steel
- Air Purge: 30 - 40 liter/minute (1.05 to 1.41 cfm)
- Sealing: IP66
- Power Supply: 24 V DC provided by control unit
- Compliance: PS-11, 40 CFR 1040.10, 1040.11
- Sensor Channels Single: 1
- Sensor Channels Multi: Up to 16
- Display: Graphical Display
- 4-20 mA Outputs single: 1
- 4-20 mA Outputs Multi: 4
- Filter Diagnostics: Pulse-log review
- Data logs: Depends on log rate 7 days @ 1 minute
- Ethernet Single: None
- Ethernet Multi: Included
- Outputs : 1x RS485 Modbus
- Size (H x W x D) Single
- 8.7 in. x 4.8 in. x 3.2 in.
- Size (H x W x D) Multi: 10.4 in. x 6.3 in. x 3.6 in.
- Power: 100 - 240 V AC, 1 A
The 4650-PM can be used to measure pm in all combustion processes where condensed water is not present
- Electricity Generating Units
- Industrial Boilers
- Glass Works
- Cement Plant
- Metals Refining
- Process Heaters