Land - Model FTI-Eb - Furnace Monitoring System
A precise, fixed thermal imager with borescope and wide field-of-views for maximum monitoring coverage requiring only a small diameter access hole through the furnace wall. Various lens and borescope lengths allow for installation and application flexibility. FTI-EB is a high-accuracy, fixed thermal imaging camera, optimised for use in refractory-lined furnaces or boilers, and supported by an extensive range of dedicated accessories for resilient process performance.
The wide-angle-view borescope allows AMETEK Land’s proven thermal imaging technology to thermally image large areas of a furnace interior with precision, requiring only a small diameter furnace wall penetration. This minimises wasted energy and disruption to the process.
Located outside the furnace or boiler with the borescope optics inserted through the wall, the high-resolution FTI-EB borescope provides detailed thermal information via a 100Mbps Ethernet connection. This supports optimum process control from more than 110,000 radiometric temperature points within the image.
With a choice of either 30 or 60-degree Horizontal fields-of-view available for precise process customisation, FTI-EB is ideally suited to many industry applications that use dirty fuels like oil or dirty gases, including reheat furnaces, boilers and incinerators. The specialized 3.9um wavelength allows the imager to see through the hot CO2 and H2O products of combustion.
Minimal Disruption, Maximum View
Large openings in the refractory wall cause heat loss. It can also be difficult to keep the opening free of debris. FTI-EB needs only a small opening, giving a viewing angle of 30° or 60° for maximum product coverage.
Wide Range of Dedicated Peripherals
An integral part of AMETEK Land’s intelligent imaging solution, FTI-EB is complemented by a range of dedicated accessories including image processing software, control processors, and protective industrial housing to ensure reliable operation in hostile conditions.
Designed for Dirty Fuelled Furnace Conditions
A high-performance water cooling system, with low flow requirements, allows operation in high furnace temperatures, while the integrated air purge keeps the optical system clear of debris.
FTI-EB is an integral part of AMETEK Land’s intelligent imaging solution, and is designed for furnace and boiler applications.
- Wide angle imaging inside the vessel to maximise coverage of the products
- High performance water cooling system with low water flow requirements even in the highest temperature furnaces
- Integrated air purge to keep the optical system clear of debris, while consuming minimal instrument air
- Optional Auto-retraction mechanism to protect the imager should the water cooling or air purge supply fail
The FTI-E Thermal Imaging camera is an integral part of the LAND intelligent imaging solution, and is complemented by an extensive range of dedicated system peripherals.
LAND Image Processing Software
- On-line system providing flexible, application specific thermal analysis
- FTI-E Control Processors
- Optional industrial processor providing local process control, configuration and process visualisation
- Industrial Housing
- Designed to protect the imager in even the harshest of operating environments and ensures reliable continuous operation
FTI-Eb Thermal Imager
- Measurement range: 600 to 1600 °C / 1112 to 2912 °F
- Spectral response: nominal 3.9 µm
- Frame rate: 30 or 7.5 frames per second
- (User defined, dependent upon export license requirements)
- Image pixels: 384 x 288
- Detector type: Uncooled microbolometer
- System measurement accuracy: ±1%
- System temperature measurement drift with ambient temperature: 0.2 ° indicated / 1 ° ambient (°C or °F)
- (Imager & Control Processor or PC, ° indicated / ° ambient)
- System thermal resolution (rms value): < 0.3 °C / < 0.54 °F
- Ambient temperature range: 5 to 50 °C / 40 to 120 °F
- Sealing: IP 65 / NEMA 4
- Vibration: 0.5mm, 10 to 60 Hz; 3g, 60 to 300 Hz
- CE Certification: EN 61326: 1999 B
- Field of View: 30° or 60°
- Probe Length: 588.5 mm / 23”
- Probe Diameter: 88.9 mm / 3.5”
- Flange: DN 100 PN 16
- Other flange options available on request
- Dimensions (overall) h x w x l: 258 x 269 x 905 mm / 10” x 11” x 36”
- Weight: 32.5 kg / 72 lb
- Sealing: IP 67 / NEMA 4
- Reheat furnaces
- Tube furnaces