Biogas Technology Limited acquired the technology and patent rights to produce membranes for CO2 removal from landfill gas.
- Recovery of methane from landfill and digester gas
- Methane enrichment from 50% to 90%
- 80% recovery of methane
- Vehicle fuel (replace petrol or diesel)
- Bottled gas
- Reduced emissions
- Elimination of black smoke from diesel engines
- Utilization of an otherwise wasted source or renewable energy
- Environmentally friendly
- Cost reduction
The acquisition of this technology has allowed us to undertake a programme of development to deliver a safe and improved system to the market place.
The basic principle of membrane technology is to take landfill gas and filter it through the membrane module separating the methane (CH4) and the carbon dioxide (CO2).
The methane rich gas stream produced can then be used for various applications including vehicle fuel.