Solinst Levelogger Junior - Model 3001 - Water Level, Temperature and Conductivity Dataloggers
The LTC Levelogger Junior provides the convenience of conductivity, temperature, and water level measurements in one instrument. The LTC Levelogger Junior combines a data logger, 5-year battery, pressure transducer, temperature and conductivity sensors in a small waterproof stainless steel housing, 7/8' x 7.5' (22 mm x 190 mm). Compatible with Levelogger Gold software and accessories. Calibration is quick and easy.
The conductivity sensor is a 4-electrode platinum sensor, with auto-ranging capabilities. The minimal maintenance, sealed LTC Levelogger Junior is simple to clean and calibrate,
even in the field.
Using standard Levelogger Software, it displays conductivity, temperature, and temperature-compensated water level. Memory is non-volatile and stores up to 16,000 sets of readings. Measurements are linear, in any interval between 5 seconds and 99 hours.
See the Model 3001 Gold Data Sheet for more information on the Levelogger Series of dataloggers, accessories and software.
- Low Cost
- Corrosion resistant Hastelloy pressure sensor
- Three measurements in one probe
- Single or multi-point calibration
- Basic and advanced data compensation options
The Real-Time View option allows immediate viewing of live conductivity, water level and temperature readings. Leveloggers are easy to deploy; installation can be with direct read cables or wireline/rope suspension, avoiding the use of vented cables. (See Model 3001 Gold Data Sheet).
The LTC Levelogger Junior is SDI-12 compatible, can communicate with a Leveloader Gold data transfer device, and is able to integrate into a Solinst STS Gold Telemetry System.
- Salt water intrusion and soil salination monitoring
- Plume remediation monitoring and studies
- Leachate monitoring at landfills, mine tailings, waste disposal storage sites, and more
- Agricultural and stormwater runoff monitoring
- Tracer tests
- Level Sensor : Piezoresistive Silicon with Hastelloy Sensor
- Ranges : F30/M10, F100/M30
- Accuracy (typical) : 0.1% FS
- Normalization : Automatic Temp Compensation
- Temperature Sensor : Platinum Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD)
- Accuracy : ± 0.1°C
- Resolution : 0.1°C
- Temp Compensation Range : 10˚C to 40˚C
- Conductivity Sensor : 4-Electrode Platinum
- Full Range : 0 - 80,000 µS/cm
- Calibrated Range : 500 µS/cm - 50,000 µS/cm
- Accuracy : 2% of reading or 20 µS/cm
- Resolution : 1 µS
- Temp Compensation Range : 0°C to 40°C
- Normalization : Specific Conductance @ 25°C
- General :
- Battery life : 5 Years (5 minute sampling rate)
- Clock Accuracy : ± 1 minute/year from 0 to 40°C
- Operating Temperature : - 20°C to 80°C
- Memory : Non-volatile EEPROM, FRAM back-up
- Maximum # Readings : 16,000 sets of readings
- Communication : Optical Infra-Red to USB or RS232
- Size : 7/8' x 7.5' (22 mm x 190 mm)
- Weight : 7.05 oz. (200 grams)
- Wetted Materials : Platinum, Hastelloy, 316L Stainless Steel, Delrin®, Viton®
- Sampling Mode : Linear, (5 sec to 99 hrs), Real Time View, Future Start
- Barometric Compensation : Software Wizard and Barologger Edge
When an LTC Levelogger Junior is deployed for an extended period, there is the risk of biofouling on the pressure sensor and/or conductivity cell, which can compromise their readings.
The Biofoul Screen is designed to reduce the unwanted buildup of microorganisms, plants, algae, or organisms such as barnacles and mussels, on the instrument sensors. The Biofoul Screen consists of a Delrin sleeve wrapped with copper wire. It simply slips onto the sensor end of an LTC Levelogger Junior, where it is held in place by compression fit.
Using the natural anti-fouling characteristics of copper, the Biofoul Screen is an affordable option to lengthen the time an LTC Levelogger Junior can be deployed. It reduces site visits and time spent cleaning Leveloggers, and improves long-term performance by ensuring accurate sensor measurements.